All reviews tent sites boat ramp salt marsh the cottages civil war self guided tour camping trip nice camp picnic tables raccoons playground woods armadillo ft demonstration cabin pads
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Overall campground is good, sites fairly large with trees and brush; camp ring and table. Staff very good to check and maintain. Bathrooms although are old and dated they are kept clean and water pressure is great for showers. Close to fishing dock and playground. Raccoon's can be a nuisance, very many throughout campground all day and night.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Nice campground for a weekend. Tent sites up on sand pads. The tent sites are spread out enough and are on a separate ro from RV's. Secure campsite with gated access. Bathhouse clean but dated. Good dock and boat ramp into Redbird Creek. Fort McAllister worth visiting, especially for Civil War buff.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

I understand the campground was hit pretty hard last year by the hurricane but after 6 months you would think they had cleaned it up , they haven't ! And it looks terrible ! No see-ems will carry you away !!!

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Sites were large and well spaced so you weren't right on top of your neighbor. Park is heavily wooded with trees so driving a larger rig is a little tight. A few trails to explore along with a boat pier for fishing.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

As a single parent traveling with 5 of my children, finding accommodations isn't easy. I try to use state parks whenever possible, with mixed results. This one was more mixed than most. The cabin itself was absolutely beautiful...inside. There was also a great binder full of local information. And I was prepared for bugs, but I guess not prepared enough. 5 inch spiders are definitely not my style , especially when there's a bit in the info binder about them telling me how important they are and to please not disturb them. The campground itself seemed almost completely abandoned, as were the cabins, except one other which was hosting what would appear to be a reunion of about 30 people. Our self guided tour of the fort itself and the civil war games demonstration were all very cool. I'm just not sure that vacationing in a salt marsh In the heat of July is ever going to happen again. I feel like I paid the same price that would have bought me a beautiful cabin with hot tub in the Smoky Mountains, and instead I was in a bug infested swamp in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family