“Convenient, Quiet and Clean”
Review of Savannah South KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond Hill
Savannah South KOA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent three nights at one of the three Kamping Kabins here, and the cabins are right next to the 37-acre lake. Each cabin has a nice porch just feet away from the water, and the breeze off the lake is so pleasant. The 15 or so hand-raised swans on the property are lovely to see. There is plenty of room in the cabin to walk about; it has a double bed and twin bunkbeds. It has heat and air.

You can rent boats and fish on the lake without a license, and there is a very nice pool for swimming.

The camp store is well-stocked with necessities and other goodies. The bath house is very nice and clean--nicer than any KOA bath house I've ever seen, and they have all been a cut above.

There are gas stations and fast-food restaurants within a block; the campground is just a quarter mile or so from the interstate. There are lots of restaurants and shopping opportunities within a short driving distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Savannah South KOA

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Sites are narrow with nothing but sand and a table. Just lots of sites crammed in there, typical koa.. No fire pit or fire ring. Camping with no camp fire, shade and road noise, Yeah!.very loud noise from the highway. Power surges kept kicking the breaker. Not close to savannah, I think koa just calls it savannah south.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We've been traveling with a trailer behind our truck for almost 20 years, and while it's not perfect, this is the best campsite we've ever stayed at, thoroughly deserving of its President's Award.
The sites are really nice, level, gravel lots with all the hookups in one location at the rear of the site. The lake is pretty, with swans, geese and ducks on the water and even Wood Storks in the trees in the evening.
The facilities are clean and up to date, and everything worked well for both of us.
I liked the free DVD rental in the office and book exchange in the laundry, and I really appreciated the personal collection of the empty and delivery of the full propane tank right to our site and the daily trash collection.
The office staff and the outside staff were always cheerful and helpful, and Mary in the office and Mr. Carroll outside were especially helpful to us.
While the site is close to a busy road and a railroad, we didn't find the noise from either to be a nuisance.
I'd have no hesitation in recommending this site to any other traveler.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The park was good in most ways HOWEVER, all the hook-ups were up front on the lot so I had to unhook and leave the tongue of the trailer at the edge of the road (BAD DESIGN)

the men's showers had the hot and cold backwards (BAD DESIGN)

and my biggest 'grudge' is when I walked into the office for a quick question and the two girls behind the counter were discussing business. I gave them a chance and wandered around the store looking at RV parts and went up to the counter, they were still discussing business and still ignored me. FINALLY, one of them asked me what I wanted. REALLY BAD customer service.

Basically, I nice park but ............................just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AndyMcAfromCanada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed one night in this park on our way back to NC from Florida. Convenient access from I-95. Nice level gravel pull-thru sites. Adjacent pond with swans and geese, saw a couple people fishing, but pond looked low and brackish water. We enjoyed free pancakes and sausage breakfast in the morning in the club house. Did not get to use any of the facilities. Free Wireless worked well but you have to have a code for each wireless device if you want to use the devices at the same time. Front section of the campground is for nightly use, large back section with cabins and full time permanent users. Train track is nearby so you will hear train horns in the morning. Did not hear any at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We originally stopped for two nights and given one of the easy pull throughs that seem to be close to the entrance and quite busy with travellers coming and going. Due to a mechanical issue we ended up having to stay for a week. The office staff were quite friendly and accommodating, they happily changed our site for one that was off the main drag and quieter. We were able to get a very large back-in site along the lake (#11) .The whole park was very clean, we saw their staff picking up garbage constantly, the washrooms were older but still very clean. The laundry facilities were cleaned and disinfected every night and were quite busy. We enjoyed a pancake breakfast for 3 mornings we where there. The park is located along a secondary highway however we didn't hear a lot of road noise. The park is set up with daily in the first section, long term, mid-section and cabins at the back. There were 3 small lakes that one could fish or feed the swans, geese and ducks. We were there in mid November so the pool was closed. There was a small kiddy park and plenty of space for your pets. We camp in KOA's a lot and I would have to say this is a good one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsPickles
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We are full timers at this KOA. The staff is friendly and helpful, the facilities are clean and great working order. The pool is nice with the rec room close by that has a huge tv, tables for eating, pool table, ping pong, fridge, sink and stove and can be reserved for large gatherings.

Check in office offers a small area for some basic grocery items, beer wine and soda and some RV items.

Daily/nightly area is in front and monthly is in back. Cabins are clean and well maintained.

There is a lake here for fishing but i would not eat the fish as there is no water circulation so its catch and release. There are a couple gators in the lake but they stay on the other side which is wooded.

I would give the park 5 stars but there are a couple things that need to be addressed.

1. Speed limit is posted 5 mph. This needs to be enforced as there are folks walking with kids and pets and some cars do 20-30mph.

2. There are a few loud vehicles, Trucks and motorcycles. This goes back to #1 slower means quiet vehicles.

So if you are planning on staying at this KOA, Dont let my 2 issues keep you away.
This park is a good one, and we been to allot of them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
#8 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill

Been to Savannah South KOA? Share your experiences!