“Wonderful road trip suprise!”
Review of Fish Tales

Fish Tales
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Local seafood eatery on the Great Ogeechee River south of Savannah. Very Family Friendly.Very popular with the fishermen and locals. Right next to a marina. Eating areas inside and out as well as a bar area inside.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We first saw Fish Tales on our way in to Fort McAllister and liked its looks. On our way home, after visiting the fort, it was lunchtime, so we decided to stop in and give it a try.

Wow! What a nice surprise. I had the she crab soup and my wife tried the gumbo. Both were delicious. We both tried the menu item described as "The best fish sandwich ever" and were delighted.

It's places like Fish Tales that make road trips memorable.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were in the area from out of town. We had 14 girls from a soccer team and their families. We checked with Butch in advance and he assured us that Fish Tales could accommodate the 30 of us on a Saturday evening. I was skeptical, but we were greeted and seated almost immediately. The staff was in the process of readying the tables when we arrived.

(I thought it was kind of funny that when we were at the soccer fields and I told a home team parent where we were going to eat, his response was "Oh, you're going to see Butch. You wont be sorry") he was correct. Butch even emailed us a personalized map with directions from our hotel.

I always feel sorry for the staff when we show up. We have parents sitting together and the players sitting together at other tables. And each family needs a seperate check, with parents trying to point out their respective kids at the other tables. When Mackenzie started to take the orders, I noticed that she never got overwhelmed. As young as she was, she handled the situation better than any seasoned "waitress/server" that I have ever had to deal with. And she always smiled, as did the rest of the staff.

The atmosphere inside was festive with great music playing at just the right level. (There is also a very nice patio area outside by the dock). The food came very quickly after ordering, which is also remarkable considering the amount of orders sent to the kitchen all at once. And again, the staff was very pleasant as they delivered 30 meals and appetizers plus drink refills. Between all of us, we probably tried almost everything on the menu. And nobody complained. Most of the feedback came back to me since I was the one who suggested that we come to Fish Tales, based mostly on other reviews on Tripadvisor. Everybody was very satisfied and a few even commented that they would love to come back. I know I would.

After dinner, the girls were naturally restless as the parents wanted to linger and chat. Butch showed them some live shrimp from inside and let the girls hold them. I can't believe how excited they were. anyway, I can probably go on a bit but you get the point. If you are in the area and need a casual place to eat with a festive upbeat atmosphere, go to Fish Tales. You wont regret it.

Thank You to Butch and his staff!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We went with a party of dive. We sat at the outside tables that overlooked the docks. We got blackened tuna bites and buffalo shrimp as appetizers. The dinners were: fish tacos, seafood augratin, hamburger and low country boil. The meals were all excellent and well spiced. The place is very relaxed and casual. We enjoyed it and will be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent seafood, excellent staff, the view was Awesome. We had a about a fifteen minute wait but it was well worth it. The staff was very friendly, very helpful, and the seafood was the best. We will continue to go there.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love the seafood, beachy atmosphere and location at the scenic marina. I wish there were more side items available.