“Really lovely coffee shop”

Way Station Coffee Co
Ranked #36 of 87 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Comfortable clean good service very good coffee excellent food clean loos

What more can you ask ?

Recommended

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed January 19, 2019

Visiting Richmond Hill we stopped at the History Museum for a brief look around. The Curator was welcoming and generous in his knowledge of the area. Limited on time, we asked about a local coffee spot and he suggested a local place “just down the road”. Unsure of the name but with good directions we found Way Station Coffee.

A delightful, and local coffee shop Way Station was just what we were looking for.

Good coffee, great service and a warm welcoming we enjoyed a great cup of coffee and also good conversation with a local lady. She shared all of the things she loved about her new home of Richmond Hills.

Looking to support local business and interact with local folks...Way Station was an excellent choice.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018

My little one and I had some time to kill before her appointment, so we decided to stop at Way Station for a quick bite and for some coffee for this tired momma. We had been here once before for Way Station's 5th year anniversary celebration and Big Bon Pizza had a pop-up for the occasion. Honestly, at the time, we had come to check out Big Bon's pop-up and it was so busy at the event that I didn't pay much attention to Way Station itself. I had heard great things since we moved to the area and I knew we had to come back to check it out properly.

Service - We were greeted as soon as we walked in. This is definitely the neighborhood coffee shop. I wasn't ready to order just yet, so I let the man behind me go ahead and the lady behind the counter greeted him by name.

What we ate/drank - They use Perc Coffee which is a brand I have been seeing at local restaurants and I am no coffee aficionado, but I loved the taste of it. I drink coffee for the flavor, not the individual taste, nor for its effects, but I don't like it strong which usually taste bitter. I ordered a Latte, with half the amount of espresso and it was EXACTLY the way I like it! Mostly milk, little coffee. So good! I also ordered one of the jumbo chocolate muffins to share with my little one, but I would like to see more of things they actually make at the shop or brought in from another local bakery. The muffin was the ones you see at Sam's or Costco which is consistent and fine, but nothing to write home about.

Vibe - The whole establishment is in a Richmond Hill-esque white homes (if you go down Ford Ave, the businesses are in homes that are characteristic of the homes Ford built around RH, white body, black roof). The interior is separated into various rooms, all decorated with a rustic farmhouse industrial chic that has a nice homey feel. The back is like a sunroom and the front is in an L-shape with a fireplace with is mismatched furniture that all blends together quite nicely. They had it decorated for the holidays with lights and a wreath on the signage outside as well as a wreath that included Elf on the Shelf which was a cute touch.

Kid-Friendly - Definitely kid friendly. Right by the counter where you pick up your coffee, there is a nook with a bookshelf with various toys, books and games to keep little ones entertained. They also have a high chair.

Thankful for quaint businesses like these in Richmond Hill to stop in for some good coffee. I will have to come back to try some of the other food items and a great place to meet up with friends.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to a lot of coffee shops and this is one of the best I’ve been to. Great coffee cake and tea.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Whether it is a fresh cup of PERC coffee, Mrs. Patty’s amazing homemade quiche, Whitney’s perfect shots of espresso, or Rachel’s fresh breakfast sandwiches and breakfast tea, every experience at WSCCo is exceptional!! Traveling through? Leave with great food and drink and beautiful smiles. Got a few minutes to work or chat or chill? Grab a cup, a smoothie, a cinnamon roll or cup of fruit and be rewarded with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Thank you ladies for a real treat in Richmond Hill. Your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Date of visit: June 2018