$91
$77
  • Pool
$131
$127
Hotel Cerro Lodge(Tarcoles)(Great Value!)
$59
$64
$62
$72
$57
Hotel Posada Canal Grande(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$31
$84
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
All reviewsama tierracosta ricayoga studioget awaymy friendnational parkmorning yogagreat experiencelife changingcan't wait to go backnew friendsout of this worldwonderful hostsjaco beachwonderful placethe main housespent nights
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the most fulfilling retreat I did. I wasn’t sure what to expect except that I needed rest, nurturing and energy work.
Jill and Bob are wonderful hosts. The staff makes you feel welcomed and part of the family.
Food is healthy and nutritious.
Jill is a very skilled nutritionist and herbalist. She takes care of every single aspect of your body, mind and energy. She guides you and gives appropriate counseling for each body type based on Chinese medicine, Ayurveda and nutrition.
The resort is immersed in the CR jungle, surrounded by trees, clean water and a rich fauna.
There is a powerful energy flowing that makes the experience a whole.
I highly recommend AmaTierra.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2018

This eco-friendly hotel offers locally sourced organic health food, a hiking trail, small swimming pool, indoor workout room, and the most gorgeous space for yoga and meditation. They offer wellness consultations and body work as well. If you need more excitement you can also make arrangements for off site trips.
The hosts are gracious and helpful and your fellow guests are generally unique individuals. The retreat is equally great for solo travelers, honeymooners and groups all due to the behind the scenes organization of the hosts/owners.

Room Tip: The casitas are set on a hillside, lower units are slightly more private but require more stairs to climb.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I don't even know where to start....Bob, Jill, Vanessa, and all of the staff...Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. You have no idea how much this trip meant to me, what an amazing experience, from the minute I was picked up at the airport to the last minute that I left, I felt so welcomed and safe, this was my first time traveling alone and I couldn't have picked a better place. The people are wonderful, the resort is beautiful and peaceful, the food was outstanding. I didn't want to leave! All the services were outstanding, my massage was one of the best! Doing yoga outside with that view absolutely outstanding! I left with so much more than I came with, new friends and a place I will certainly come back to and the feeling of finally being at peace! Best holiday ever!Thank you so much you'll never know how much you all truly helped me!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2018

My colleague, Mary Campbell, and I, decided to host our retreat for women at Amatierra in March 2018. The owners, Jill and Bob, couldn't have been more helpful in making sure we had everything we needed - private space for classes, special dietary and rooming requirements, one-of-a-kind excursions and special in-house events, and a whole variety of spa services.

They took the stress and headache out of organizing all the details, so we could focus on being there for the women on the retreat. By the end of 7 days I felt I had been on vacation, everything flowed so well.

It's also a beautiful location on a hillside with beautiful views, in the middle of the jungle with birds, wildlife, cicadas, and huge stunning trees. Lots of hiking trails. The yoga studio is spacious and gorgeous with the same amazing views.

The casitas are simple and private, tastefully decorated and very peaceful. If you are not one for outdoor sleeping under a mosquito net, these are the perfect solution.

And finally the food! Fresh, thoughtfully done by local chefs with local foods with many international twists. Wonderful fresh fish, shrimp etc.. from the ocean. Delicious fruits, teas, juices and smoothies as well. They grow their own tumeric and hydroponic greens, and have a flock of chickens also. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a chance to experience Costa Rica from many different perspectives, while getting a good relaxing vacation in. Katherine

Room Tip: The cicadas are the noisiest thing, and they seem to run on a schedule! The most private casitas are the ones further down the hill.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here. It was great! It had a rustic and relaxing feel. We really enjoyed the family style meals and our time alone too. The yoga was a great start to the day. Meditation in the evening was very relaxing. There was always a wonderful breeze and someone there if you needed anything. I recommend staying here if you’re looking for relaxation, nature sounds and some good wine! Cheers

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple