“Exquisite establishment defined by its friendly staff, culinary sophistication and sublime views”

Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Pablo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Time stands still at Amatierra! This is the place to go for relaxation and body therapy in Costa Rica. The resort grounds not only mirror a botanical garden, but it is also well-kept, very secure, and staffed by a group of people who are very passionate about physiology as it relates to nutrition and yoga. Jill and Bob at Amatierra will transform the way you think about food and body rest through their promotion of healthy alternative whole foods and gentle exercise. You will discover so much about yourself and the world here!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was a very memorable trip and the first time I remember returning from a vacation when I didn't need more days off to recover from vacation. My husband planned a trip for my birthday, knowing I was exhausted and needed to recharge. This trip surpassed every expectation. We started our days with yoga led by Jamie on a platform overlooking the rainforest. Each day we alternated between activity (trip to national park, beach and private waterfall - all FUN) and poolside / reading, relaxing and hiking the property (one day in our rain jackets during downpour which took me back to childhood when I didn't stay inside when it rained). We had massages (GREAT) and have I mentioned the food? Oh my! Every meal made me feel satisfied, pampered, and healthy because of the attention to detail that goes into preparing the organic, fresh meals (this is a reason we chose Ama Tierra and it did not disappoint). Jill and Bob are gracious hosts that pay attention to every detail to make their guests feel welcome and looking forward to their next visit. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited AmaTierra for my husband's birthday. Wonderful, very relaxing 3 days.
Great, friendly hosts.
Wonderful meals, all very healthy and delicious - I even brought back their cooking book to try them at home.
We also enjoyed the yoga classes at an amazing location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was a trip to remember. I have never done Yoga before but am determined to find a place where I can practice. The people are soooo friendly that I just wanted to take them all home with me. :-) The food is heathful, abundant and delicious. The view is incredible and the weather was perfect. What more can one ask for....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The stay at Ama Tierra was amazing, and met all expectations. I was looking for a relaxing retreat to re-energize and detox. Both Jill and Bob, as well as the staff, made me feel welcome and taken care of. I had to think of nothing, but relaxing. Even though I was on the detox program, the food was really good. The yoga classes, meditation, and holistic facilities were perfect! I had no desire to leave the grounds during my 5 days there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had an amazing week at AmaTierra. I arrived frazzled and overwhelmed, and left a week later feeling healthier, stronger mentally and physically, and rested. The setting is undoubtedly beautiful; but the hidden beauty is in the spiritual growth experienced within. Daily yoga, meditations, massage, delicious and nutrient-rich foods, light hiking and swimming are all part of the daily experiences. The warmth of the staff and ease of their routine is comforting, Bob is a warm and humerus host, Jill is an exceptionally gifted herbalist and a lovely host; they combine their efforts to provide an inviting wellness center in a soothing environment. Thank you Ama Tierra!

• Stayed May 2013
amatierra, Owner at Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We so enjoyed having you here and glad that you could rejuvenate, refresh and relax, as that is our goal for our guests here at Amatierra and of course here some good music and breath the very clean air and enjoy the great weather we have here in the region we live
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a great week at Amatierra. The retreat was truly breathtaking. The food amazing and the people so nice. Very much enjoyed the meditation and the nurturing yoga. Perfect place to recharge the body, mind and soul. Jill, Bob and the rest of the staff work hard to make the stay a special one, and always working around any special considerations required by guests. I look forward to returning and introducing family and friends to this amazing place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the kind words and we hope to see more of the wonderful people from Canada
at our retreat center
Hotel Pumilio
Hotel Pumilio
#1 of 41 in Jaco
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

Been to Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center? Share your experiences!