“Rejuvenating, Refreshing,Relaxing”

Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Pablo
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had an amazing week at AmaTierra. I arrived frazzled and overwhelmed, and left a week later feeling healthier, stronger mentally and physically, and rested. The setting is undoubtedly beautiful; but the hidden beauty is in the spiritual growth experienced within. Daily yoga, meditations, massage, delicious and nutrient-rich foods, light hiking and swimming are all part of the daily experiences. The warmth of the staff and ease of their routine is comforting, Bob is a warm and humerus host, Jill is an exceptionally gifted herbalist and a lovely host; they combine their efforts to provide an inviting wellness center in a soothing environment. Thank you Ama Tierra!

• Stayed: May 2013
amatierra, Owner at Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We so enjoyed having you here and glad that you could rejuvenate, refresh and relax, as that is our goal for our guests here at Amatierra and of course here some good music and breath the very clean air and enjoy the great weather we have here in the region we live

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a great week at Amatierra. The retreat was truly breathtaking. The food amazing and the people so nice. Very much enjoyed the meditation and the nurturing yoga. Perfect place to recharge the body, mind and soul. Jill, Bob and the rest of the staff work hard to make the stay a special one, and always working around any special considerations required by guests. I look forward to returning and introducing family and friends to this amazing place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for the kind words and we hope to see more of the wonderful people from Canada
at our retreat center

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My experiece at Amatierra was amazing, the staff was very welcoming, the food to die for, and the yoga and meditation practices just great. Every where you turn at the retreat was breathtaking and the outside activities they offer are great opportunities.
I am looking forward to plan my next trip to Amatierra and this time take my family with me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Myself and my group from Solomate had a fabulous 5 night, 6 day getaway to Amatierra. The yoga, cuisine and casitas were outstanding. I hightly recommend the short trip to the private waterfall where we played like kids. Our excursion to Carara Park , guided by Victor was also a great day. We did have mixed feelings about the beach and all that dark brown sand but we loved ziplinig outfitter which is nearby. This is the perfect spot to pamper your body, spirit and soul.

Room Tip: All casitas are great, just depends how may steps you want to be away from the pool deck.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A wonderful vacation that felt perfect for a solo traveler. Bob & Jill, et al will do anything to make your stay comfortable and assure that you feel very special. The food is amazing and they are very flexible for those with sensitivity issues--fortunately I could & did eat it all. Fresh fruit, greens and full flavored meals were a highlight every day replete with the company of others. It was a treat to meet so many friendly guests which made for a happy family atmosphere. Yoga is a great love of mine so this was a extra bonus--teachers were awesome and the studio is the most beautiful in the world without a doubt. It is worth the price alone!
Massage, treatments, insights, natural beauty, cool spring water & the refreshing pool are just icing on a beautiful cake. Do it.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at Amatierra on past years and have even welcomed in the new year of 2011 with other guest and staff. We couldn't wait to take friends for a short stay. Amatierra has a wonderful energy. It is a positive and refreshing energy that helps clear away all the other little things that clutter our brain. Bob and Jill are the best hosts in Costa Rica. They are like family. This warm hospitality carries over to the staff. We had lunch when we first arrived and we all had massages in the afternoon. Dinner was served at 7 and it can only be described as wonderful, flavorful and "clean". We all very much enjoyed the meal and Bob had an excellent Malbec that we enjoyed with the meal. Before breakfast the next morning our wives attended the morning yoga session and meditation. If you are looking for a great place to chill out then Amatierra is the place for you.

Room Tip: Select a room farther down the hill and one that also faces downhill.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I arrived at AmaTierra feeling like a physical wreck. A mere seven days later I felt better than I had for years. I was literally rejuvenated. I did the detox package (mainly because I wanted to give up smoking) but the experience was so very much more. I could wander round the grounds watching toucans, humming birds and butterflies. I could do yoga or meditate in the extraordinary yoga space, with its views to the hills. (Also good for birdwatching). I ate delicious, organic, healthy-but-sinful-tasting meals on the terrace, watched by iguanas. I had amazing treatments from Jill, Annelise and Tanya. I was made to feel not like a mere guest, but like a (slightly eccentric) member of the family.
And I'm still not smoking, am not tempted to smoke, and I still feel the warm glow of AmaTierra...

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
#1 of 27 in Alajuela
Hotel Cerro Lodge
Hotel Cerro Lodge
#1 of 3 in Tarcoles

Been to Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center? Share your experiences!