My husband and I stayed at Ama Tierra in January 2012 for a week and we were very happy with our choice. Bob and Jill did an extraordinary job of making us feel at home and welcome. They have created a wonderful retreat center. We allowed ourselves to slow way down, and enjoy the variety of healing treatments offered...excellent massage, exfolliation scrub, meditation, yoga, singing bowls, all in the forest with nature surrounding us. The food was exceptional, and I have never been anywhere I was happier with the healthy, tasty fresh food. We enjoyed our visits with Bob every evening about his background in the music industry amongst many other fun topics, and Jill's music was a highlight on a few occasions. Also, Jill's expertise with herbs and acupuncture were very helpful. The yoga pavilion is a stunning and sacred place, sure to inspire anyone. We enjoyed the chance to get to know a variety of other guests over dinner each evening. We also really enjoyed Bob's music collection while we were spending time in the lobby each evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 10 room Eco Mountain Retreat Center 50 minutes from the San Jose Airport who specializes in healthy foods, Yoga Retreats, meditation, and many other wellness services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets and Booking.com so you can book your Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatierra Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Amatierra Retreat And Wellness Center Costa Rica/San Pablo