“Hampton Inn Savannah” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Hampton Inn Savannah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Very pet friendly hotel for people traveling the I95 corridor, north to south. Nice hotel, very clean, friendly personnel, good breakfast. There were K-9 dogs staying here and they were clean and very well behaved. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sanibelle1
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon! Please make sure to bring your four legged friends to visit us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here on the way to FL and again on the way back 8 days later. This is a dog-friendly location, and seems popular with K-9 training units. (Saw them both visits). One thing I will say is the K-9 training folks might want to bathe their dogs a bit more frequently...the general dog-stink in the elevator was noticeable, but just like any other guest that doesn't bathe, I'm not sure what the hotel could have done about that. :-)

The front desk staff was pleasant. The attendant at the breakfast was super-nice. The hotel is just across from a Pilot station with good gas prices. It took a bit of time to get into Savannah proper, but that's the price one pays for easy-on/off access to I-95. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator if you would like to have quick access to the side parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Hotel!! We really do enjoy having all our guests - including the four legged ones! We will make sure to keep an eye on that problem, but we are certainly happy that you will be staying with us again!!
Atlanta Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Nice standard Hampton Inn, close to I-95 with easy access. But beware, it's "Pet Friendly" and not a non-smoking property unlike most Hamptons. Room has microwave, fridge, and HDTV with a good signal. Nice looking pool and hot tub. Room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed there for one night on our way to Florida. The front desk staff was able to recommend a great local pizza delivery as we were tired and hungry. The room was clean,the beds were super comfy. We have stayed in I-95 hotels around Savannah before and they smelled musty but this spot looked and smelled good. The coffee was right by the front desk on your way in and out and the complimentary breakfast was quite good. A good night's sleep, a good breakfast and back on the highway by 7:30.

Room Tip: Great if you are just passing through, seems a little remote if you are planning to stay for a while...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We strive to make every one of our guests want to return, and we hope that you will be one of those! We hope to see you on your next trip down to the Savannah area! Thanks again and have a great day!
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Worst part pet friendly and smoking allowed.our room needed extra dusting but otherwise was great.Breakfast was excellent. Pool and spa area super nice. Bottom line GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE!

• Stayed April 2012
Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have stayed exclusively in Hampton Inn Hotels and this was horrible! We checked in and had reserved a king study (with requested fridge and microwave) to find our room had neither. We went back to the front desk and ended up in a standard king room, which we quickly learned was way too small for my husband, myself, our 4.5 year old boy in a rollaway bed and our 3 month old. We just have too much gear to even be able to walk in a room so small. To my horror, I woke up to find a dead stink bug in my daughters bottle was in a drying rack after having been santizied the night before. Gross! As I checked out (early) and told the front desk clerk about it, I noticed a HUGE stink bug crawling across the wall behind her. She acted like it was no big deal. They refunded my money and we are now at the Embassy Suites. Next time, I will switch as soon as problems begin instead of trying to wait it out. Stay somewhere else or sleep with one eye open.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VAShannon
I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you and your family experienced during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on having a clean, safe environment for all our guests, and we did not provide that for your family during your stay. Even though we did honor our 100% Guarantee and found your family accomodations at another property, I would like to extend an offer to you to try us again on your next trip to the area. Please feel free to call the hotel and speak with me directly and I will take care of you personally. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest, and I hope we will get a chance to take care of you again!
central VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Finally a hotel that allows pets and seems to enjoy them...no charge. Clean, well designed, friendly staff. A very satisfactory "hot" breakfast buffet. We will return at least twice a year back and forth to Florida each season.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful words! We pride ourselves on taking care of all our guests and are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Wentworth
Days Inn & Suites - Savannah North I-95
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North? Share your experiences!