“Musty smell, good breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way back to Richmond from Florida. I was able to find a coupon at the visitor center, and honeslty, if I had paid anything above that rate, I would have given this hotel 1 star. The room had a musty odor so we kept the AC cranked up, which seemed to help with the smell. The breakfast was very good so it made up for the smell. The bathroom was clean, but the carpet was gross, it left my kids bare feet dirty! Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Amanda M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the carpet and the musty odor. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We chose this hotel based on all the good reviews and they are spot on. The hotel is a short distance from 95, so you don't get all the truck road noise. The room was very clean , how the wife likes it. I could go on and on, but you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have stayed here twice and both times used a coupon from a Georgia traveler coupon book that is free outside most any gas station on I-16 or I-95. The last time, we just found the coupon book online and showed it to the staff on our phone and they honored.

The rooms are clean and exactly what you would expect from a good Holiday Inn Express. We had a quiet stay both trips, even though the hotel was relatively full. The breakfast included an omelet, sausage and gravy, biscuits, cereal, juice, muffins, pastries, and yogurt. The entire staff was extremely friendly. The computers malfunctioned on our last visit, but the staff made every effort to ensure minimal inconvenience for the guests.

The location is extremely convenient to downtown Savannah. You can drive straight from the hotel to downtown in 10-15 minutes without having to make any turns. This property is just as nice as the comparable hotels in downtown, but much cheaper. We love Savannah and enjoy coming here for an inexpensive and quiet place to relax.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank livelaughlove06
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The rooms were clean and it was a great place to stay. It is more affordable than the hotels in down town Savannah, but it is still close enough that you gave drive 10-15 minutes and get to the heart of the historic district. The staff is friendly and they have complimentary lemonade and cookies in the lobby. They have a free, hot breakfast that includes biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

On our way to our grandson's first bday, we stopped here for the night. We are hotel snobs. We travel over 45K miles a year, with about 75 nights away from home. WE KNOW a good hotel when we find one. The lobby glistened, unlike one hotel just down the street. The room smelled fresh, unlike the other one just down the road. The pillowcases were clean, unlike the hotel down the street we stopped into first. We slept like babies :) We ate at Frank and Linda's Mom and Pop diner for an EXCELLENT breakfast. This is a 5 star hotel in my book, b/c it has everything you want in a hotel. A sound proof sleep, a ultra clean room, friendly staff and a great location. Off to Florida now!

Room Tip: no it was a stop in
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank boospug
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for a night on our way to Orlando. Everything was very nice. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel and rooms were very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I liked having a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator in the room. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to savannah for a visit over a weekend. We booked this property in advance, which was a good thing to do as we saw many people who walked in without reservation had to return. The place was ok with limited breakfast options. The beds were really comfortable. The towels In the room were worn out. This pal e is around 20 miles from Tybee island beach and around 40 miles from Hilton head. If beach is ur destination this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear ManasSingh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad you liked the bed in your room. However, please allow me to apologize for the towels you received and our breakfast options fell below your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the location of our hotel from the beach. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again on your next visit in the area.

Anthony M