“Just like home”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just like home”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I have traveled to Florida from New York on many occaions; each time stopping at this Holiday Inn Express. The customer service is outstanding, a fun restaurant with drinks and excellent food is within walking distance, it is close to Savannah's historic district and the rooms are always in imaculate condition. I stay here each time I drive through Georgia and highly recommend this hotel to any traveler for business or leisure.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Every staff member at this hotel was happy and friendly and ready to accomodate your every need. I was traveling with my spouse and disabled mother, and we were helped and assisted at every turn. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MarciaS8
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2011

After a long day of traveling it was nice to be pleasantly greeted by the people behind the desk even acknowledging my Priority Club membership. There was plenty of parking and the outside of the hotel was nice and clean as was the lobby. Going to my room I did find the hall carpet somewhat worn down. The room itself was clean with a serviceable desk and LCD tv, small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was fine although a bit small. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. Some traffic noise did come through the window (which was facing highway) and could hear people in hallway through door but it was not too much; it was quiet at bedtime.
The free breakfast was fine with scrambled eggs and bacon along with other typical hot and cold foods. Checkout was smooth. All that I would expect from HI Express.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dagger_TO
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We just spent another wonderful night at the Holiday Inn Express Savannah North. The front desk personnel is very receptive, courteous, friendly and helpful. The ease of checking inn is one of the things we like so much about this place. The rooms are very clean and a joy to walk in to. The beds are comfortable, in fact we have tried several places in this area before and the beds at the Holiday Inn are the best. We have a great nights sleep. The breakfast was also wonderful, the cheese and egg omlet is my favorite. They have a good variety of food. The employee responsible for the food and keeping the area clean was quite polite and helpful and kept herself very busy. We even had a short parting conversation with her that was delightful. I would recommend staying here if you want a friendly, clean, comfortable place to stay. We stay here every 3 months and love it. Truely home away from home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Clean and comfortable for an overnight rest on the way to Florida. Front-desk was extremely helpful and friendly. Overall a no-frills stopover, but pleasant experience nonetheless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tnitchov
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This is a good stop on I-95. Customer service is fine and the hotel is as well. Be prepared for paper-thin walls (overheard one rather shrill woman's conversation for longer than we would have preferred!). But the place is clean, the bed is comfortable and we would stop here again. Can't comment on restaurant opportunities because we had enough to eat in our own room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UMichAlum
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Great rates at this property through the coupon book at the Georgia Welcome Station just north of the Hotel on I-95. Our two night stay was wonderfully relaxing although it is almost 10 miles (easy drive) to the historic district of Savannah. This property's info says that it has been renovated, but it appeared to be nearly new -- there was no evidence of an older property anywhere. The buffet breakfast was great, our room was spotless, large and quiet, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple