“Needed A Good Room All Around Cleaning”

Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Front desk at check in friendly gave us suggestions on where to eat. The room it self needed a good cleaning - carpet - dusting - etc . our window that faced the parking lot hadnt been cleand in awhile. This was a pet friendly room. We found in our travels some pet friendly hotels arent kept as clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your candid comments. i wish to assure you that we have noted your concerns and will bring this up with our cleaning staff. We hope we will continue to host you and your family on all your upcoming trips to the Savannah area.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visit Port Wentworth every month. And when I'm booking I always book with Sleep Inn. This is the best hotel so far. The rooms are always clean, comfortable beds, and nice workers. This place makes me feel like I'm home. Housekeeping make sure you have everything you need. The only problem I had during my stays is they have bad INTERNET SERVICE and if you have sprint this is not the place to be, because your phone only works outside. I will most definitely recommend this hotel anyone that stops in Port Wentworth. I will be returning 03/26/13

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anteria S

Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations, in regard to our Internet service i wish to inform you that we have recently updated our internet router and have a uniform signal through out the hotel. we always look forward to serving you on your monthly visits to Port Wentworth, GA.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Totally out of frustration we pulled into a chain we did not know and even a place for the puppy. What a clean newly renovated not advertised as such but the rugs smelled new the paint looked new and the room we were in and the lobby were all in the new sleep in new image colors of a peaceful , dreamy green and white. The Kingsize and the room were perfect. Breakfast was as great for a freebie hot pancakes , coffee ,yogurt ,cereal and all. Staff very friendly. and we had a coupon for $49 , without any prompting the gentleman who checked us in, took it upon himself when we said we had a little dog, that the standard dog rate of $10.00 would have to be charged ( and we have paid up to 30 dollars for Ozzi) , But he said he would drop the room rate to $ 39.00 so total with Oz $49.......WHAT!! Yes a man who knows how to make a customer come back. This motel is just north of Savannah Georgia just off the I 95 with lots of great eats and a little shopping with 1/2 mile. love this place. I don't give out four stars easy..... So come and enjoy and if it works as well for you leave me a helpful vote so I know I helped you with your decision... Thanks and enjoy this choice

Room Tip: room 126 for you and puppy !!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CPAIR1967
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy to have guests that take the time to let us know how we are doing. it lets us know that we are taking good care of all our guests - even the four legged ones!! We hope we will continue to host you and your family on all your upcoming trips to the Savannah area.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stopped hereon our way to Florida. We found a coupon at the rest area prior to stopping. The clerk let us check out the room prior to checking in and I was pleasantly surprised how clean the room was. We were so pleased with the room and price that we stopped there on our return trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jennifer J
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to have guests that take the time to let us know how we are doing. I hope that we will be your regular stop on your next trip through the Savannah area! Thank you once again!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Arriving at the front desk, the front desk clerk in a stained and washed out T-shirt was just looking at us. She didn't say hi or anything at all. It was that "do you really need to bother me now" look on her face.

So I took my chances and told her we had a reservation, after which she even uttered "name". Wow, she could actually speak. I told my name and extended my hand with my Choice Privileges card in it (as I'm from Europe I guess my name is not easily understood, so it helps if the clerk sees it written), which she ignored. A minute has passed while she was starring at the screen after which she replies "You know what, your room is not ready yet". It was in the middle of the week and there were literally just a few cars parked in front of the hotel, so I was kind of surprised and asked how come. She then read aloud "Quiet top floor room away from vending or stairs," (which was the request in my reservation) and started laughing "this is what you want"? As if I was requesting a few pink elephants with ice cream in my room. That was the point at which I was starting to loose my patience, so I gave the lady a serious look and asked her if they only had ONE room in the hotel that matches my request. She must have sensed I was not pleased with her attitude and behaviour as she then got a bit more professional, assigned me a room that was actually ready and gave me the keys. Very bad.

The room was better than the front desk attitude. It was spacious, in good shape, but rather dusty. The breakfast the next morning was fine and the check-out (with a different clerk) too.

It would have been an average, good stay if it had not been for the unacceptable behaviour of the check-in clerk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay with us.

I am very sorry for the unprofessional reception you received during your check in. This is not the type of experience we want our guests to have, and i wish to assure you that this is not typical and is unacceptable. I have directly addressed your concerns with the agent involved, and we will work to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

We are fully committed to exceeding your expectations and hope that you will give our hotel another chance to earn your business in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel once before, booked it again three months ago but when I arrived they were remodelng. The desk clerk was very helpful and assisted we with arranging a stay at another Sleep INN at the next exit. This stay was very nice, the room was remodeled, the paint was fresh, the furnishings in excellant condition and the bed most comfortable. These rooms are on the small side, when you add a king size bed they shrink quickly. That said, I was very satisified with my stay, the room was clean, the bed very comfortable, the appliances functional and the internet speed acceptable. I did not care for the one cup coffee maker but that would not keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joseph S
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate your great comments regarding the staff and our recent remodel at the Hotel. We are very honoured that you use the Sleep Inn for your stay in the Savannah area, and look forward to being of service to you on your travels to this area again. Thank you once again!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago on our way from PA to FL. We stayed one night.

They re-did the room we were in and it was more modern. The beds were comfortable and the TV worked fine. The A/C worked great and the halls were quiet. There were FOUR plugs by the desk which was wonderful for all our chargers.

Reception was helpful and nice. Breakfast was a regular continental style but tasted good.

Our one complain and the reason we would not stay again was the "in room internet". We stayed at a room on the first floor. The internet would literally time out again and again. We had to take the lap top to the main lobby which was a real pain. I have an on-line business and count on in room internet. Our cell phone also did not work in the room (we have Sprint). My husband had to leave the hotel and go outside to call his elderly father.

Room Tip: Stay close to the lobby. Perhaps you will have working internet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mellissarose
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sleep Inn - Port Wentworth during your trip.

We are truly sorry that you had problems with our internet service, after your concern, we immediately contacted our Internet service vendor and had them reset all the equipment at the hotel. After the reset we have personally verified that the service is functioning, as intended through out the hotel.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and strive to remedy all issues in a timely manner for our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, and we sincerly hope that we will see you on your next trip to the Savannah area.