“awesome choice”

Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived at the hotel on friday and were greeted by a friendly staff member. The hotel was under construction but that didnt affect our stay at all. The hotel was clean and quite and the same went for our room. The hotel was also pet friendly but I didnt hear any barking. the hotel was great for the price but was about 15-20 from savannah

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Knightgirl1391

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was terrible! When I arrived, the employees were taking a smoke break in front of the hotel. The room I stayed in was too small, so I had to move the chair around just so I could walk around the room. The bathroom door was difficult and could not lock. The TV was in low quality. The ironing board would not open completely. There were also cockroaches in the room. The decor of the room was VERY old. It's not the 70's anymore!!! The sheets looked like someone burned a cigarette through it, was itchy, and also smelled. The breakfast was disgusting. The muffins and bagels looked like they had been there a while. I ended up eating at a waffle house down the street. All in all, I would have given this hotel 0 out of five.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Laren S
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This hotel taught me a lesson: make sure there's an elevator before you book a stay. Because we are seniors and cannot haul our luggage up stairs, our personal preference is a room to which we can back up our car and unload our luggage. This hotel has no elevator and all the rooms open onto a central hall. When we checked in (King room), we were assigned to the second floor. When I realized there was no elevator, I knew we were in big trouble. I asked if we could be reassigned to a first floor room. The desk clerk said she did not have a King available on the first floor. The only room she had was a Queen with no refrigerator. Being past the cancellation deadline, we accepted it not realizing it was next to the laundry. Between the laundry running during the night and whatever was going on in the room overhead, we didn't get much sleep. The room was so small, we had to move the chair around to move about the room. The bed lamp didn't work. There was a short in the wall switch by the door. Breakfast was a disaster. There were no forks and (I know you won't believe it) NO COFFEE OR HOT WATER for tea! The desk clerk said the kitchen person has not shown up for work. (Wait a minute....can the desk clerk not make coffee or brew hot water?) At checkout when I mentioned all this to the new desk clerk, he reduced our room rate -- still overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is (super) over run. Our room had a strange smell but the worse was that one of the ladies that works there invited family/friends to a BBQ! They were preparing fish in the breakfast area, yelling and acting like they were at home. After they prepared the fish, they left without cleaning anything.
And if this wasn't enough, our room was next to the BBQ!
The breakfast was awful, check my photos.
If I could I would give 0 star. This place is disgusting.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelenaGuerra
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Room was clean but had a peculiar odor which was corrected by opening the window and running the bathroom fan. Carpet in hallways were in need of cleaning. Price was very reasonable so I can't complain too much.....

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 6, 2012

On a recent trip to Savannah we decided to save a little money and not stay in the historic district. This Sleep Inn is clean, comfortable and inexpensive. We requested a room with a king size bed and the room seemed a bit cramped. While walking down the hallway we peeked in an open door where the maid was making up a room and discovered if we had requested two queen size beds the room would have been much more spacious. Other than that everything was neat and tidy and the bed was very comfy. Getting into historic Savannah from this location is a fast, easy drive. The complimentary breakfast was good and plentiful. Why spend a lot for a room if the main purpose of a trip is sightseeing. We recommend Sleep Inn, Port Wentworth, Ga.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HappyFloridians
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Hotel wasn't in the best shape, but it was good enough. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good (waffles, fruit, biscuits n gravy, coffee, juice, cereals). It took 10 minutes to get to Savannah downtown area, which was great! Definitely a good place to stay if you plan to be out and about a lot. Everything worked and internet was great. We were here at the beginning of December 2011, so it wasn't very many people there. As such, no problems with noise.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple