“comfort suites, wentworth, ga” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Palmyra, Tennessee
“comfort suites, wentworth, ga”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The people are very nice. Breakfast is the usual with either eggs and gravy or eggs and sausage. Rooms are nice but older. Comfy. My room had no cell phone reception( 1st floor). I was told go to 2nd or 3rd and it was good. Also, Wi-Fi was iffy. They had plenty of servers but my rooms signal was very poor. However, the hotel does offer ethernet cable. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd or 3rd floor if you need constant cell phone service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2013

Kind Regards,

comfort suite savannah north
gm
comfort suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Concord, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We drove from OH to FL and were looking for a hotel. Stopped just outside Savannah and found this (the next exit). The rates were great (around ninety bucks). It is a true suite hotel, meaning it is spacious and has a seperate living area with a couch which can be slept on. Our suite had 2 queens beds, nice flat screen, couch/sitting area. Nice fresh look hotel, smelled good and had good customer service. The hotel has a nice small pool and a hot tub (both indoors) which was a plus for me. The cheap, pool-less ratty motels, wanted almost as much for one night. Because of the size of the room, we were able to fit 5 easily instead of 2 room at a cheaper place. Breakfast was included and was great. It had a varierty of item (eggs, pancakes, juices, coffee, sausage, etc). Trust me, stay here!

Room Tip: I don't think it really matters. They are all suites and nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Comfort_Suites466, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thanks for you staying with and you nice comments hope to see you again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you like Comfort Suites, or if you like a motel that offers standard beds plus a sleeper sofa, you'll find this Comfort Suites very nice. Wife and I stayed here on way back to NC from Florida. It is convenient to find right off I-95. Right behind Days Inn and a gas station. A "Sweet Tea Grill" restaurant is next door (never heard of this establishment before but food was okay), and a Wendy's is also next door. A CVS is 3 blocks away and a Walmart 5 miles. The entire facility was exceptionally clean, the queen beds were very comfortable and our grandson used the sleeper sofa. The rooms have a microwave, a refridgerator, a work desk with a high speed cord for your computer, a small chest of drawers with a TV and of course the sofa and an extra side chair and coffee table. Bathroom was well stocked with towels which is not something I have seen at other Comfort Suites. All of this is in a very compact sized room but fine for 2 or 3 people. The facility also has an indoor heated pool and whirlpool. Pool is small but grandkids had fun swimming. Whirlpool worked great but not as hot as I like them. Breakfast area was very large and well stocked. Eleven tables for guests to use with two TV's showing CNN news. Make your own waffle, patty eggs and sausage, and of course the standard array of cereals, fruit, muffins and juice and coffee. The front desk also has free USA today paper daily. We rented two rooms (ours and our grandkids w/family) with connecting doors and paid $95 night (including tax) which I thought was fair for this facility and location and time of year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Don49680
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thanks for staying with our matto is if you are happy tell your friend if you are not let us know. thanks again hopr to see you again.
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would like to share few experiences with this hotel.

1) With the reservation, I requested for "the suite with hot-tub". Frontdesk staff was rude and not able to provide it. Rude in a sense that when I gave reference of phone conversation, he commented "I said may be" in an unpleasant tone.

2) The room was a suite but too congested. If the sofa-sleeper, TV/table, chair, side-tables, microwave, closet, fridge and a king size bed.. all are in one room, you can't feel comfortable in a "suite" with kids. Hotel has added a room separator and labelled it "suite". I had to adjust all furniture myself to create space for Crib. That was a bad experience

3) I was on highest floor (level 3) and facing I-95. There was little bit of noise

4) When I called frontdesk requesting Crib and additional pillow/blanket, they asked me to come down and pick it up. In past, I have always experienced that someone from Staff assists.

5) Sheet for Crib had serious stains

6) The breakfast was a disaster. There was no coffee, no yogurt and couple of apples only.

7) The swimming pool, whirlpool seemed good but I didn't try.

Most of these negative experiences could be due to the fact that it was a long weekend and hotel had insufficient resources to meet expectations.

Room Tip: Family of 2 adults and 2 kids should NOT try "one king suite". There is not much space
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are sorry you were not satisfied with our service.
Let me point out few things you requested the jacuzzi room on the day of arrival and we did say that if we have available we will be gald to accommodate but no body wanted to switch so we could not.
All comfort suites are built exactly the same they are 144sq ft larger than a tipical hotel room may be this is your 1st time staying in comfort suites.
As far as noise concern your window must be open all our Jacuzzi rooms are Way from hwy, if you would have called us and we would have been glad to come and ck. We make calls to all guest 10 minutes after ck in and you did not say any thing.
if you would have requested the crib ahead of time we would have put in in your room before arrival. We are a limited service hotel and we have lilted staff in the evening, all limit service hotel ask guest to come down for extra items. next time request at the time of reservation.
I remember you were the last few coming for breakfast next time go to breakfast little early in any hotel so you can have all you want and again if you would have asked for something, we always accommodate our guest the best we can.
Thank you for staying with us and apologize for the inconvenience
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The only issue I had was with cell phone reception from AT&T. If you have ATT you should stay on the 3 rd floor for coverage. The rooms are quite and very relaxing. The staff was so friendly and very accommodating to my issue as I was traveling on business. The breakfast area was well maintained with fresh food. Their pool/ hot tub was just what was needed to take off the stress of a very long drive. A desired location from value yet close enough to the charms of downtown Savannah and all of its charm. You can't go wrong with a stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Comfort_Suites466, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thanks for your comment, we are sorry you had phone issue we are negociating with some to put phone tower on our property hopefully that problem will be resolved.
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here St Pattys weekend and I was kinda worried about the location. I Used to live in Savannah and visit once a month, I'm familiar w/ the area. Sometimes the people can be questionable as its kinda busy.. Traveling alone I find security a key issue and i had no problems. This hotel was well kept and right off the intestate. Easily walkable to a few restaurants and bars as well. Fifteen minutes and your pretty much anywhere in Savannah, except the beach. The staff were super friendly and my room was spacious.(king bed w/ fold out couch). Breakfast was run of the mill continental but Dunkin Donuts was across the street. Look for interstate coupons at rest stop.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Comfort_Suites466, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for comments we appreciate for taking to write the review. look forward to see you again if you come to the area.
Huntington, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My group stayed here two nights, on our way to Florida and on our way back. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms were roomy, clean, and well maintained. The staff was on top of it. They had our room keys ready, handled our luggage and were very helpful and polite.
All our rooms were on the same floor and we were in the same rooms on our back home. Steve, the manager even came to the breakfast room and talked with us. We appreciate this.
He even made a reservation for us @ Sweet Tea Grille. Thank you for exceptional service.

Room Tip: I did not hear any noise from my room and no one in our group complained.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for comments we appreciate for taking to write the review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Wentworth
Hampton Inn Savannah -  I-95 North
Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 Nor...
#1 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah
#7 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!