“Good experience & good value”

Days Inn & Suites - Savannah North I-95
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Richmond, VA, USA
“Good experience & good value”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed here before attending a professional conference at the Marriott in Savannah and other than being close the conference, we preferred the Days Inn room. The bed was great with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker & small sofa. The free internet connection worked well with one of us hardwired and the other on wireless. The complimentary breakfast was good with a waffle maker, biscuits, gravy, sausage patties, juice, cereal, breads, apples, bananas, coffee & tea. There is a Wendy's just beside the motel but they recommended the Island Grill a 3-minute walk down the street where we had good spiced shrimp and fried oysters at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed in this days inn for 3 days and it was such a pleasure stay that we would always remeber. The room was very clean. Hotel service did beyond my expectation. The remote of my TV was not working and the lasy on the reception gave the remote from the TV which she was watching on the entrance lobby. No question asked on getting new towels. Its 1 hr from Tybee Island and hilton head. We dint like Tybee Island beacch so went to hilton head. It was a good beach. Thank God we stayed here and enjoyed all the places.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Laval, Québec
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed there 2 nights. One on our way to Florida and the other, on our way back home. Staff friendly and helpful, clean rooms, quiet. Very convenient Wendy's near parking lot and Shell for gas (2.39$ a gallon) !!!! Breakfast is great with the do it yourself waffles !!!! Great stay for an overnight !!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Gso
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Stayed here during a short trip to Savannah. We had looked for a hotel in Savannah for a Sat and Sun. – The only hotels available were $250+ a night. Check in and out was great, room was super clean (I check everything), only grabbed bananas from the free breakfast but everything looked great, only 10 miles from Savannah- 15 min drive at the most and the prices was awesome!!. We will be staying here again!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We spent three nights here on a Savannah family vacation, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes (10 miles) from downtown Savannah and just off the exit ramp for I-95. The hotel is about 45 minutes from Tybee Island. It is right next to several gas stations, Wendy's and Bennigans. The front desk employees were always courteous and helpful. The continental breakfast provided more than enough food (waffles, sausage, gravy, biscuits, bagels, donuts, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee). The room (1 King size bed) was very spacious. We brought our bicycles and kept them in the room, and we still had plenty of space to move around and be comfortable. We also had a pack n play for our 1 year old. The pool was small, but clean and nice. Overall, this hotel was a great value! We will come back to this hotel on our next visit to Savannah.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Days Inn at Port-Wentworth GA was a decent, clean and affordable hotel to book in GA for a weekend get-a-way. Here's what I liked and disliked about the hotel:

Likes:
-Great price (whether using online coupons or not, the price was still great).

-Right off of I-95, immediately next to an affordable and large gas station with some of the lowest gas prices in the vicinity.

-There were nice nearby restaurants and a nice strip mall (though they all close early on the weekends, i.e., 9pm-10pm). Wendy's, immediately across the way that you can walk to, stayed open until 2 or 3am.

-Overall clean facility.

-Felt safe, as the facility was well lit in the front and back entrances, and in the parking lot(s).

-Free parking!

-Small/Quaint.

-Comfy bed and plenty of pillows.

-Clean in-room refrigerator and microwave were nice touches.

-Easy to get to downtown Savannah/River St.

-Free trolley/shuttle buss pickup from 9a and returns at/after 4:30pm.

-Attractive decor in the halls, outside and clean lots.

-Everything in the room worked fine.

-The A/C and fan worked well.

-All 3 of the female employees I encountered were kind and helpful.

Dislikes:
-The breakfast was the "cook-your-own-style" with not much hot food available (i.e., no eggs, sausages/meat, etc). Therefore, we did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

-The DaysInn.com site shows it's about 8 mi from River Street in Savannah. It was actually 12 mi/25 mins so to some, it's a bit too far away if you're hanging downtown, on River street or close to that area.

-Be careful with the 15% off pre-payment option when booking online at DaysInn.com. You will be charged immediately and if you cancel this booking, you will NOT receive a refund, though the site says it can be canceled before 4pm on the day of arrival with no charge. It's not until you look at the 15% off deal page that you see this is non-refundable.

-The swimming pool is at the back of the hotel and across from a gas station. If you do not want exposure to gas, oil or any other fumes, don't swim.

-Front side parking fills up fast since it's a small hotel, leaving one to park in the back.

-There was a large, noticeable hole in one back pillow of the couch - an easy repair they need to make.

-There was a couple of holes in the velour cover on the bed - again, an easy fix by simply replacing it with another or new one.

-Since it's literally located next to I-95, expect outside expressway noise. However, I did not hear noise inside of my room during my stay with the TV on. If you're outside or have nothing on in the room, you'll most likely hear the traffic noise.

-Unpleasing location being near a large gas station if fumes and aesthetics are an issue for you. Think of it as a truck stop with a few hotels and restaurants in the same area as the stop. :-)

-The water and body towels were hard, but tolerable.

-I had difficulty browsing on their free WIFI connection. That could have been due to usage by others in the hotel. I tried twice and could not browse over 3-5 mins either time, causing me not to have a perk that's a big deal to me.

-Because the trolley only picked up at one time of day and dropped off at one time of day, it was not an option for us since we wanted to experience the nightlight in Savannah. Unfortunate, as it would have been a little gas saver being picked up!

Thanks for reading my review.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank LoungeloverTA
Morganton, NC
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Teri at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. We stayed on our way down to Florida for Christmas. Very clean. Close to everything. We also stayed on our way back when we hit bumper to bumper traffic. Both times were great stays. Love this hotel and Teri is a peach hope she is there when I go back! Tina Griego Morganton, NC

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple