“Great hotel for the price”

Days Inn & Suites - Savannah North I-95
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We spent three nights here on a Savannah family vacation, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes (10 miles) from downtown Savannah and just off the exit ramp for I-95. The hotel is about 45 minutes from Tybee Island. It is right next to several gas stations, Wendy's and Bennigans. The front desk employees were always courteous and helpful. The continental breakfast provided more than enough food (waffles, sausage, gravy, biscuits, bagels, donuts, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee). The room (1 King size bed) was very spacious. We brought our bicycles and kept them in the room, and we still had plenty of space to move around and be comfortable. We also had a pack n play for our 1 year old. The pool was small, but clean and nice. Overall, this hotel was a great value! We will come back to this hotel on our next visit to Savannah.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Days Inn at Port-Wentworth GA was a decent, clean and affordable hotel to book in GA for a weekend get-a-way. Here's what I liked and disliked about the hotel:

Likes:
-Great price (whether using online coupons or not, the price was still great).

-Right off of I-95, immediately next to an affordable and large gas station with some of the lowest gas prices in the vicinity.

-There were nice nearby restaurants and a nice strip mall (though they all close early on the weekends, i.e., 9pm-10pm). Wendy's, immediately across the way that you can walk to, stayed open until 2 or 3am.

-Overall clean facility.

-Felt safe, as the facility was well lit in the front and back entrances, and in the parking lot(s).

-Free parking!

-Small/Quaint.

-Comfy bed and plenty of pillows.

-Clean in-room refrigerator and microwave were nice touches.

-Easy to get to downtown Savannah/River St.

-Free trolley/shuttle buss pickup from 9a and returns at/after 4:30pm.

-Attractive decor in the halls, outside and clean lots.

-Everything in the room worked fine.

-The A/C and fan worked well.

-All 3 of the female employees I encountered were kind and helpful.

Dislikes:
-The breakfast was the "cook-your-own-style" with not much hot food available (i.e., no eggs, sausages/meat, etc). Therefore, we did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

-The DaysInn.com site shows it's about 8 mi from River Street in Savannah. It was actually 12 mi/25 mins so to some, it's a bit too far away if you're hanging downtown, on River street or close to that area.

-Be careful with the 15% off pre-payment option when booking online at DaysInn.com. You will be charged immediately and if you cancel this booking, you will NOT receive a refund, though the site says it can be canceled before 4pm on the day of arrival with no charge. It's not until you look at the 15% off deal page that you see this is non-refundable.

-The swimming pool is at the back of the hotel and across from a gas station. If you do not want exposure to gas, oil or any other fumes, don't swim.

-Front side parking fills up fast since it's a small hotel, leaving one to park in the back.

-There was a large, noticeable hole in one back pillow of the couch - an easy repair they need to make.

-There was a couple of holes in the velour cover on the bed - again, an easy fix by simply replacing it with another or new one.

-Since it's literally located next to I-95, expect outside expressway noise. However, I did not hear noise inside of my room during my stay with the TV on. If you're outside or have nothing on in the room, you'll most likely hear the traffic noise.

-Unpleasing location being near a large gas station if fumes and aesthetics are an issue for you. Think of it as a truck stop with a few hotels and restaurants in the same area as the stop. :-)

-The water and body towels were hard, but tolerable.

-I had difficulty browsing on their free WIFI connection. That could have been due to usage by others in the hotel. I tried twice and could not browse over 3-5 mins either time, causing me not to have a perk that's a big deal to me.

-Because the trolley only picked up at one time of day and dropped off at one time of day, it was not an option for us since we wanted to experience the nightlight in Savannah. Unfortunate, as it would have been a little gas saver being picked up!

Thanks for reading my review.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank LoungeloverTA
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Teri at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. We stayed on our way down to Florida for Christmas. Very clean. Close to everything. We also stayed on our way back when we hit bumper to bumper traffic. Both times were great stays. Love this hotel and Teri is a peach hope she is there when I go back! Tina Griego Morganton, NC

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Nice hotel, clean, competent and friendly staff, good night's sleep. Outdoor pool (the Comfort Inn behind it has an indoor pool).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We needed a place to spend the night en route to the NC mountains. We wanted to use our Trip Rewards for a free night. After checking with TripAdvisor, we found there was nothing from Savannah to I-26 so we chose this hotel. It was great! The place felt brand new and was clean as a whistle. The room was very large, with a sofa, desk, refrigerator and a king size bed with a nice bedspread (instead of the one you see in most of the other hotels). There is a Bennigan's next door, so you don't have to drive to eat. The place was quiet. The only problem we had was that the waffle batter at breakfast had gone sour. However, within minutes of our reporting this, new batter was prepared. We liked the hotel so much that we stayed here again on our way back south.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This hotel provided the best service by a young lady named Teri. I felt like I was a guest in her own home. She provided service that a concierge would have, but much more personal. This hotel was also, soooo clean and fresh. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Days Inn on our recent visit to Savannah during our honeymoon. It was much cheaper staying in Port Wentworth and driving the short distance to Savannah since prices are a lot more affordable in the Port Wentworth area. The hotel looks very new and is decorated much better than any other Days Inn I've stayed at before. Staff was courteous and welcoming, everything was kept very clean, and breakfast selection was great. Besides the usual cereal, fruits, coffee, there were bagels and oatmeal and a waffle maker as well. The room was very impressive and had plenty of space along with seating area and micro fridge which was nice to have. Overall great experience and we would definitely go back if in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple