“Good value”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Kingsport, TN
“Good value”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

We stayed in this hotel one night of this year in February. The cost with the AAA discount was 65.69, with taxes 74.23. We had room 201 which was king suite off right off the elevator. We thought this was a great room for the price, but when I opened the curtains, I was disappointed. The wall of the portico obscured the view of this second floor window; the architect is to blame for that poor design. If we hadn't been just driving through and staying only one night this would have been a problem. The gal with the nose ring at check -in didn't even bother to mention it, "oh by the way, don't bother to look out your window, there is a wall there". I thought it should have been mentioned so that if we wanted to get another room, we could have. In our situation, we were just going to sleep and leave. The bed was a harder than I would like but the bath and suite area were fine for our purposes. The breakfast offerings were sparse at 8:45 am. Its like they only put out so much food for each day, and if you don't get down there to beat the rush, then too bad. The fresh made waffle was great, though.

• Liked — large room
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2008

My husband and I checked into the Days Inn Port Wentworth, Georgia. We asked for a non-smoking room. We checked out around 6:00 AM. When I looked at what I was charged, I found an additional $50 charge. After calling the hotel, and speaking with the manager, I was told that housekeeping said we had smoked in the room. This is impossible. I disputed this with my credit card company. When I received a copy of the letter sent by the hotel to the credit card company, explaining the charge, I became enraged.

I quote from the letter: "After the guest check out of the hotel, housekeeping went to inspect the room they stayed in for any damages for smoke. Housekeeping quickly notified the front desk manager on duty of their findings. By this time, the guest were already gone. Management went to the room to inspect it as well. All 3 employees agreed that the prior guest had smoked heavily in the room.

Proper procedure was followed, as stated on the guest registration paper. A chare of $50.00 will be deducted from account in the event that you smoke in the room. Housekeeping had to deep clean the room and block it off from public use for a minimum of 48 hours until the air was filtered again."

That was a bold faced lie, since neither I or my husband smoke. In order for the room to have been that "heavily" scented with smoke, we would have been up smoking most of the evening! Too bad we were not there to defend this incredulour accusation. When I spoke with the rude hotel manager, he indicated that it was too bad for us

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MSHFLORIDA
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This was my first hotel by considering tripadvisor ranking. This hotel was #1 in this town and I was really satisfied with this hotel and tripadvisor.

First good location, just beside I-95 and 15-20 min to Savannah downtown. Facilities were comfortable bed, clean bathroom, unified interior, enough kind of breakfast, flesh self-made waffle and $77 including Tax per night. I was satisfied with everything.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hiro_Wilmington
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Overall I would not discourage others from staying here. It was ok but a few things could be improved.

First, we arrived around 1pm. Check in was not until 3pm which I was informed of when I booked the hotel online. However, in all of my experience traveling I have never been told I had to wait for a room. The clerk at the desk was unwilling to even check to see if a room was available. Rather, she informed us that check in was not until 3pm and we basically had to wait. I found this to be incredibly unaccomodating. I spent 5 years traveling nonstop for business (logging over 500K frequent flyer miles and over 200K Marriott points) and have never been told I had to wait for a room when checking in a bit early. Her excuse was that housekeeping was still working on the rooms. That could be the case but I find it hard to believe that not one room in the entire hotel was ready. At the minimum if she had made an effort to check with housekeeping I would not have any issue with the situation.

My second point is that breakfast is served from 6-9am, even on the weekends. I think the time should be extended a bit later for the weekends -- not everyone is an early bird! We got down to the breakfast room around 9 both mornings and found a picked over selection - no waffle batter, no coffee, etc.

The hotel room (King Suite) was decent size, with normal budget hotel type furnishings. The bathroom was nice. The room was clean, and housekeeping did come to our room to refresh towels and make the bed.

The location is about 15-20 min by car to the historic district.

The price was good especially when booked online prior to arrival through the hotel's website directly.

Overall it was ok, but it could have been better.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location was about 20 min from historic area
  • Stayed November 2007
1 Thank ABCinATL
New London, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 26, 2007

This hotel was very clean and the rooms were quite comfortable. A bit of a drive to downtown, but worth it. We got a great price and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2007
Germany
Reviewed September 23, 2007

Great hotel, good location near I-95 and Savannah. Clean & spacious rooms (we got the suite), good price (82$), bagels and waffles breakfast. They even have a computer and printer near the gym which was great help since we needed to print a coupon. We had a very refreshing stay indeed!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Very pleased with this hotel, VERY clean, spacious rooms, good price. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2007