“Don't stay here!”

Days Inn & Suites - Savannah North I-95
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I just recently stayed at this hotel on Thursday. Where to begin! Location was good quick on and off I-95, but.................Room was dirty, garbage missed, shirt stuffed in pull out couch, missing sheets. And that wasn't the worst believe it or not. My 2 yr old daughter found bullets, yes I said bullets on the floor. It was a six pack sheath containing 5 bullets. Had the room been properly cleaned I feel that this incident would not even be spoken of at this moment.
When I brought the bullets to the desk the reaction was simply oh. Maybe to think this has happened before. When I asked to speak to manager was told he would be in later. Several hours after I had left I called back to speak with manager only to be told the manager is on vacation!
My next approach is to contact their corporate office and let them know the terrible service that they should be ashamed of!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Cheerful and clean premises and tasteful, spacious room. The building is decorated in soothing shades of green with granite and marble surfaces. Service was professional and efficient. Front desk lady greeted us in a friendly way and told us all we needed to know without us asking. Price is a good value. Close to the interstate and restaurants. Breakfast with waffles and biscuits.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Wife and I stayed in 2009 and everything was GREAT. We rated it a 5 star experience. Expected the same service level this time and it didn't exist. This time, only a 4 star experience due to a lack of execution by the staff (not the same people we saw in 2009).

This is a good hotel for a quick hop off the Interstate, clean rooms at a reasonable price, and a free breakfast. Close to 2 fast food places (Wendys & Zaxby's) and a gas station makes it nicely located.

On our way to Florida we stayed in Nov, 2011 and our room didn't have a drain plug for the sink in the bathroom. How can you use it without letting the water run all the time? A light bulb was missing from one of the lamps (maybe someone forgot to return with a replacement?). A second lamp had a burned out bulb. I don't think the room should have been rented without the bathroom drain working.

The free breakfast had all the usual items - but when the doors opened at 6 AM - all of the food items were not hot (like in 2009). But a microwave was available for you to heat your food up. Didn't see anyone on duty in case there were food issues. Just the front desk clerk who was across the hall at the front desk.

On our return from Florida in Dec 2011, we stayed again and got a different room. This one needed someone to put a screw into the doorplate to secure the lock so no one could enter.

Outside of these issues, the rooms were very clean and nice. And the beds were very comfortable. My wife usually tosses and turns at home, but slept like a log on their firm mattresses.

There is Internet access and a desk in the rooms. And a business center with a computer and printer. And a work-out area.

In checking reviews for other hotels in the area, several had reviews with comments about being dirty rooms or bedbugs. No sign of any of that at this location.

Room Tip: When going south on I95 and you take their exit, its VERY EASY to miss their location. They are beh...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnHightower
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This hotel was cheaper than the many surrounding it. The entrance was new, with a Southwestern flair. The room was basic, with a refrigerator and microwave. The strange part was that the large bathtub was part of the bedroom and not enclosed in the bathroom -- maybe this is a feature for some couples??? Only the toilet was behind a closed door. The vent on the upper wall of the toilet room was filthy, which made me worry for the overall cleanliness. However, the bed was comfortable -- a decent night's sleep for the weary traveler.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Orlando. The hotel is clean but our room was showing its age, especially the bathroom. The room was very quiet, no highway noise, but the beds are hard as rock!! I don't think I would stay here again, even though we had a great rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Spacious and clean rooms with a delicious hot breakfast. Affordable and easily accessible. Would love to stay again!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank zetacutie8
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was my first time my fiance and I stayed at a Day Inn & Suites and our stay at the Days Inn & Suites Port Wentworth was wonderful. My fiance and I stay at the Day Inn & Suites Port Wentworth from July 6th-9th for a weekend getaway. When we check-in, it was earlier that morning around 4am, before the audit and our room was ready for us.
The room smell pleasant and room had been remodeled with modern furniture, a sleeper sofa and a nice size bathroom with the basic essential. The bed was soft mattress and extra pillows. The breakfast was good. however I wish they would have had more variety of meat choices, add egg to their breakfast menu. The few problem we had with this hotel is with a greasy sausage, small size breakfast area, small business and small fitness area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple