“Hidden Gem”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel for Valentines weekend. Had a great time in Savannah - the staff could not be more helpful. Not used to getting this type of service at this type of rate!!!

Will be back - defin. recommend to others - can not beat the value especially these days! < :)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Mulberry Grove

Reviewed January 30, 2010

This place wants you to think that it's more than a cheesy I-95 exit motel - but it isn't! I guess they just don't care because most of their guests are just passing through and will never be back!

Travelling south on I-95, we booked a cheap pre-paid internet rate. However, we were charged an additional $11 for our 14 year old at check-in - for what I don't know - other than they have you over a barrel with a pre-paid room! We usually spend an average of 25 - 40 nights per year travelling and have NEVER had to pay extra to have him in the room with us!

The first thing you see upon entering the room is a disgusting old tattered leather chair. There was an equally old and dirty note that said they're working to have it reupholstered - when? How about just taking the nasty thing out of the room!

The decor is bizarre! If you can get past the sight of the chair, the next thing you see is a gigantic, and I mean GIGANTIC gothic frame around the vanity mirror. The rest of the furniture is very basic painted wood boxes - it looked cheesy and cheap in the worst sense of the word.

Lighting in the room is poor at best. All of the bulbs are flourescent, but too low a wattage to adequately light the room - even with every light on!

We were glad that the lighting was poor because it helped to hide the filthy carpets.

They advertise breakfast, but if there was anything, it was all cleaned up and put away by the time we got to the lobby at 10 a.m.

In conclusion - this is a standard low priced motel (think Motel 6 or Super 8) off of I-95. There are several other name-brand hotels off this exit that would be a much better choice. If you happen to wind up with a pre-paid reservation from a bidding site - STAY ELSEWHERE and just take it as a write off!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2009

After booking our room, I found a few very negative reviews on the internet and was seriously concerned about what we would find upon arrival...could not have been more pleased. The staff is wonderful, and being a Southerner I can truly appreciate sincere Southern hospitality. The room was clean, well decorated and maintained. Breakfast was very good. I travel a great deal for business and usually stay at the higher end hotels, so I can truly say that this hotel is a very good value without sacrificing ammenities. We will definately stay there when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaNative63
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I took a 24 hour bus trip to Savannah. The inn at Mulberry Grove was 20 minutes from the Downtown District. I liked it here. It was a lovelly inn with a big southern breakfast. The suite was clean, quiet and very pretty. It was a traditional Southern suite with maid services, ice machines, vending machines, laundry facilites and more. The beds were very comfortable and clean. I had cable television and several movie stations. In the morning, the trolley came and picked me up. The front desk staff was very nice and accomodating. The downtown district was a lot of fun. I enjoyed colorful artwork, shoppes, restaurants and historical sights. The inn has a traditional Southern patio, brick and rod iron tables. It has a beautiful water fountain and rose garden. I will stay here again. It was safe with video cameras for security in all of the outdoor areas. I was very happy with my stay here. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys Southern hospitality and tradition.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Please read all the posts before you stay here. As with many other people, my daughter's credit card was charged for damages done to a room that she did not stay in. She checked in & out the same day, because the hotel was dirty, smelled and the furniture was all torn up. (look at some of the pics sent by other posts) They charged her credit card $250.00. She disputed it. They told the credit card company, that her father (60 yrs old & in very failing health) kicked the toliet & broke it & they were charging her for the damages. For a room she didn't stay in!!!! After I spoke to them and asked them why, the manager said because he could! Go figure. He told me to explain how the toliet got broke and I did, everything about the rooms need repair and are in terrible shape. Stay here & they could charge for their new furniture, beds, toliets or sinks. They never bother to call and explain anything. Read some of the other emails and find out they have done similar things in the past. I do have pictures of the conditions of the room, for anyone interested. I believe the positive post much be the owners, because no one would be positive otherwise. Be very wary!

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank tripraterFl_
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Stayed at the Inn at Mulberry Grove on a girls weekend away. The staff was so friendly from the girl that checked us in to the lady that worked the breakfast in the morning. The beds were so comfortable. Its only minutes away from downtown. I will definately stay here again when I come back to Savannah.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2009

This motel in dirty, noisy, smelly .
Furniture ripped off
Not good if you stay with a love one
Wireless internet not working
nearby Embassy suite much better place to sleep...

had room 104 previous stay furniture was destroyed...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple