“So Friendly!”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend and just loved it. The rooms were very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The staff at the front desk (especially Renee) were so helpful and friendly. I called to ask her for directions twice while we were driving around the historic district and she stayed on the phone with me until we were at the right place, talking me through the whole thing. I was so appreciative.
Breakfast was very good and the serving staff was kind as well. I would definately stay here again. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn at Mulberry Grove

Reviewed August 13, 2008

I am really surprised by the bad reviews of this place. I'm not doubting the reviewers' honesty or anything, but it's like reading about a different motel from the one we stayed at. For $60 a night we got a nicely appointed room with two queen beds, writing table, overstuffed chair, fridge, and flatscreen TV. The service was wonderful from the time we walked in. We were given a friendly welcome and the desk staff were very personable and helpful with suggestions for restaurants and visiting Savannah. I didn't partake of the complimentary breakfast the next day but my wife said it was terrific and would have been well worth paying extra for.
The walls were a bit thin. We did hear some muffled voices from the next room but nothing major.
The location is what it is. It is not downtown and there's not much in the immediate vicinity but it is just off the interstate and it's not a bad drive to downtown.
We saw no creepy crawlies. Our room was quite clean.
I'm sorry others had a bad experience here but we loved it. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed here because the rate seemed ideal at $59 with only a 18 minute drive into Historic Savannah. We canceled our reservation for the second night and made one across the street at the Wingate in (only $10 more, and totally worth it!).

There was a pubic hair in the bathtub, along with a few little bugs crawling around. I discovered gum on the headboard of the bed in the middle of the night. It was EXTREMELY loud all night long. The bedding had a grungy feel to it, I didn't even feel comfortable getting under the covers.

I will admit that I am a bit snobby when it comes to hotels, but this experience would make any barbarian cringe!

Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $ and try one of the surrounding hotels....you'll be happy you did!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hatnole
Reviewed July 12, 2008

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Inn and couldn't have been
more pleased with our stay. The room was clean, had 2 queen
beds, desk, a couple of chairs, fridge and very interesting decor.
The hot breakfast was wonderful and was kept fully stocked.
It included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt,
juices, fruit, cereals, sweet rolls, bagels, milk and coffee. The
staff was extemely helpful and friendly, Adjacent to the breakfast
area is a courtyard where you could enjoy your breakfast, as well.
Each night we would up using the microwave to reheat some
leftover items, had a bottle of wine and thoroughly enjoyed the
evening in the courtyard. The front desk was very helpful in
suggesting a couple of restaurants in downtown Savannah
during our stay. We plan to return to Savannah in the Fall and will stay at the Inn at Mulberry Grove, again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2008

While this hotel is cheap, it is not worth it. It is far from Savannah and had horrible service. While Savannah is only 8.2 miles away, it involves a trip through the bad side of town and takes about 20-25 minutes. Our air went out in the room overnight. We tried to call the front desk numerous times and did not receive an answer.

The breakfast was horrible. The room was too small, there was a hair in our biscuit, the biscuits were ice cold, the food itself was horrible. There was nothing worth staying at this hotel for. The walls were paper thin, we heard noise every time someone went down the steps. We booked two nights with high hopes, and ended up cancelling our 2nd night (without a refund) to stay at another hotel...which was 3 times the price, but worth the money. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't let the good reviews written by the hotel staff fool you.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We were coming to Savannah for a July 5th wedding. The bride's family had booked several rooms at this hotel for Friday night only. Since we had never been to Savannah, we deceided we would travel down on the 3rd of July, so as to have an extra day to sightsee, and enjoy some of the restaurants. I called the Mulberry Grove in Port Wentworth, and spoke with Donna. Told her that we were considering coming a day earlier, and inquired whether or not she had rooms. She said she had plenty of rooms for Thursday night, and that availability would not be a problem. Asked if she needed a credit card to hold the room, but she said no, since there was planty of space available. Told me if we changed our mind and decided not to come on Thursday to call her "sometime on the 3rd and let her know". We drove the five hours to Port Wentworth, with our three small children, adn arrived at the hotel. It was basically an old Days Inn with new paint. On top of this, they has no pool for the kids. Since we were paying for this night, and not the bridal party, we decided to look around the area for a more suitable hotel for the kids. We drove closer into Savannah (Mulberry Grove is several exits away from downtown Savannah), and found several wonderful hotel choices, all with pools for the kids. On top of the much nicer amenities, the cost was cheaper than Mulberry Grove. Once we decided on a hotel, I called Donna at Mulberry Grove, and told her that we had decided to stay closer to savannah and have a pool for the kids. She apparently didn't like this information and she proceded to tell me that she was going to charge me anyway, because I didn't give her enough notice. (Although she said call her sometime that day, so I was fullfilling her request). I told her she didn't have my credit card info, becasue she tols me there was plenty of room available, and she didn't need it. She then told ne she was going to charge the brides credit card number for this night!!!! Told her she couldn't do that, it was my reservation, not the brides. She replied "I will do it anyway". Couldn't believe the unprofessionalism with this lady. Beware of this hotel, especially the front desk people (i.e. Donna). If you are just picking this exit to stay, go across the street and choose one of the other hotels, don't waste your time or money with Mulberry Grove Inn in Port Wentworth. There is nothing to "write home about" concerning this hotel, unless you are detailing the fraudulent means they use to get your money!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Bulldogfansfromsc
Reviewed June 30, 2008

The Hotel was okay,we stayed for three nights. our room walls had stains on them and a poorly done makeover job. Our biggest issue was with the thinnest walls you could imagine, there was a VERY loud couple in the room next to us and you could hear them every word they said and they kept smoking in front of our room and the smoke went right from the outside to the inside. The rooms were alright but not extrmemly clean. This hotel doesnt seem to value its customers repeat buisness because i left something and they did find it and are returning it to me with an added charge of 5.00 for having to move their butts to look for it. i dont mind paying for the cod but there was no good explanation as to why they added 5.00. Well its costing them alot more than that inconvenience charge as i will make sure to post this all over the web review sites and i will never stay there again. do yourself a favor book at a bigger chain with higher standards and a corporate office so that way if you have problems they will be resolved. I can guarantee you that here is you have a problem your just gonna have to deal with it. we would have left the first night but they had already had our credit card charged and i know it would have not been refunded.

• Stayed: May 2008