“Awesome!!!!!!!”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed June 10, 2008

The Inn at Mulberry Grove was awesome!!!! The staff was SUPERB, nice hot breakfast every morning and if you need something, all you have to do is ask. My girlfriends and I planned a nice three-day trip.What was cool, was that the Trolley tour came to the hotel.So we basically spent our days paying no parking. We took the trolley, went in town, saw the sights, shopped and then went back to the hotel.So,by the evenings we could go back downtown, driving on our own and not having to pay parking(parking after 5:30pm in Savannah is free). The only parking we ever paid for the entire trip, was when we went to the beach. You won't regret staying here, the money was worth it! Awesome,Awesome,Awesome!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 9, 2008

I have no idea why anybody would complain about this motel. It was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. I travel sometimes for my company, and they put us up in very nice 4 star hotels...the room at Mulberry Grove made me think I was in one of those 4 star hotels. Very new, very nice, and very comfortable...not to mention affordable. Booking online, I paid about $65 a night for my 2 night stay.

Some of the reviewers complained about the noise from the truck stop across the street. With the curtains closed, and A/C running on low, I didn't hear anything outside. And remember, this isn't a 4 star hotel, it's a roadside motel right off the highway.

I was in town to tour Savannah with my parents and grandparents, and my room was much nicer than the hotel they stayed in a mile down the street. Not to mention $35 less a night.

Do not listen to the negative reviews, they have it all wrong. I agree with all of the positive reviews I have read here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2008

This Inn was way more than I ever expected it to be. The room was updated, clean and full of everything we needed. Breakfast was over the top and the location was PERFECT! This has to be one of the best places we ever stayed out. Only paid $65 a night and felt like we were staying at a palace for the price we paid. The staff is very helpful! Smells new! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ApRiLBuG
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My other half got confused with another property in downtown Savannah and that is how I found this hotel. The price was perfect as was the location. Due to an event in Savannah that weekend the hotels were asking a Kings ransom and multi nights stays where required. I booked the two rooms we needed, then I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor which concerned me. I travel for business and I have quite high standards and I have been spoiled by Priceline rates. My father checked in first and he is also a spoiled traveler. He was very pleased with his room and the two queen beds we were promised at the rate we were promised. When I checked in everything went smoothly. His room with two queens was of a nice size, ours with one queen was a tad small but the bed was comfie, the room was clean, and all the little amenities where there. Breakfast was very nice. If you are a late sleeper this may not be the place for you, the walls are thin so to speak. The cable channel offerings were quite complete.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2008

My wife and I were 'DIYing' the East coast and looked up this place from our hotel in Fl. The hotel is extremely conveniently located on the main interstate and literally a 10-15 min drive into old Savannah.

The place is new and offers a top breakfast, we had to pay about $10 (each) for a lot less at other more expensive hotels on our trip. The staff were ultra friendly and could not help us enough with ideas of things to see and do in town.

The rooms were a tad small but this was not an issue as we were there to sleep only. Price wise this has to have been the best deal on our entire trip (stayed in about 9 different hotels up and down the east coast)!

Strongly recommend this place - you can't go wrong!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2008

My husband and I went to Savannah to get married, after shopping around I found this hotel. It seemed to be a nice place at a reasonable rate. I booked 3 nights at this hotel for a total price of $407.00 for a King room. I booked through Orbitz and my receipt said that I wouldnt be charged until Check in or check out. Since I booked several weeks in advance I wanted to be sure that I wouldnt be charged on my debit card until i checked in. I called and spoke with the manager, who assured me that I wouldnt be charged until I checked into the hotel. Two friends that would be attending my wedding also booked at this hotel. I called the manager at this hotel and confirmed all of our reservations and checked the room types and rates. Apparently the rates are made up as they go. Because the manager quoted me 129.98 for Friday night 139.98 for saturday night. When I called back to double check everything I was quoted a rate of 99.00 a night. When I questioned this, I was told that I couldnt have the cheaper rate because of the day that I booked which was 3 weeks earlier. Anyway, I accepted that I had to take the higher rate, and that Sunday when I went to make a large purchase with my debit card, It was declined. Yes, the hotel had told me just on Friday that my card wouldnt be charged 407.00 until I checked in and on Sunday my card had been charged. I called the hotel and talked with Andy the owner. He was very nice and said that for some reason I had been charged for 4 nights instead of 3, which was wierd since I knew that the 3 nights was $407.00. When I questioned this he said that he didnt know anything and would have to have the manager call me back. When she called me back she said that he was wrong and they were sorry that they charged my card. But it had been done, so we moved on excited about our trip. When we arrived at the hotel, check in was fine, although the desk clerk was very unfriendly the manager met me at the desk and was very nice, she gave me the keys to my room. When we got to our room, I was suprised by how small it was. We did have a king room, but there wasnt even room for us to pass each other in the room, The room has very nice decor, beds were comfortable and it was very clean but the size of the room was ridiculous, and the walls are so thin, I could hear every word the man in the room next to me said and I know he could hear me. I also had to take cold showers on both Saturday and Sunday, apparently everyone in the hotel was taking showers at the same time. But to top it off more of our friends came in and stayed at the country inn and suites right behind our hotel and paid a lot less money for a much nicer room.

Saturday night the power went out in three counties. And we knew it was going to be out all night. This was our honeymoon, and we wanted a place that had lights and airconditioning. Several of our wedding guest that were staying in different hotels, decided to get credit for their rooms that night and drive to a place that had power. All of their hotels glady offered them refunds and they were on their way, when we went to see if we could check out and get credit for the night, the management would hear of it and would do nothing to make it right. They wouldnt even open the door of the lounge so that we could check out. It was completely ridiculous and this hotel alone ruined my Honeymoon.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sctravelgirl0623
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I will make this short and sweet. I have stayed at many hotels and this was one of the best. The rooms are beautiful, quiet and the price was not bad. We plan on staying their again in about another month. I would have my friends and family stay here. We stayed there with our three children and still had plenty of room.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family