“Wow, waffles!”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was very clean and quiet. The price was amazingly cheap and we were amazingly suprised! The staff were all friendly and front desk staff was informative regarding were to eat and giving directions. My husband is a retired hotel maintenance man and can be very picy when it comes to room conditions. The only thing he could find to complain about was a spot whre paint had been touched up with a different shade. The bed was very comfortable. No bugs to be found!

Breakfast was hot and fresh, with a very friendly and professional attendant taking care of our needs and wants! She even recommended Oglethorpe Trolley Tours.....a excellent company we would not have found without her help.

Stayed at this motel twice and plan to stay on our next trip to Savannah!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbjo30

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that this hotel appears to charge 10.00 per person (over age 7) beyond the first 2. This seems to be the case whether you book on expedia, booking.com, etc. so it must be a hotel policy. The low price you see at first may be deceiving. Did not see the fine print on booking.com about this until we were checking in and it was too late to cancel. Given the extra 20.00 I had to pay, I would have been able to get a nicer place for the same price. That being said, the hotel is fine. It seemed clean and met our needs for an overnight say while travelling. Would I stay here again--probably not because I would go to the nicer place for the same price. Very frustrating!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Inn for 3 nights. It's right off the highway and the check-in was quick. The hotel is right across from a loud truck stop so we were concerned about the noise level at night, but it was surprisingly quiet at night. It was about 15 min from downtown Savannah, but the front desk had great directions available. We had a king sized bed and the room was an avg size, but the blanket had cigarette burns in it and I had to take it off the bed. The shower curtain was also dirty and the towels were about worthless. The room did have some pretty mirrors and the hot breakfast was good. All the workers we came into contact with were nice and helpful. It was very affordable but I'm not sure I would return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Basic , safe , a great place if you don't like wasting money on hotels. It is a 15 minute drive to savannah. To me, saving the $$$ each day was worth the stay. Older furniture. Clean sheets and towels. If you aren't a snob, you'll enjoy your stay and appreciate the value. Although breakfast wasn't something I'd eat ( self identified food snob ).

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

With a price of $60 for two queen beds, why are people complaining?!? The room is not immaculate. There were some stains on the walls but overall for the price and the location being so near Savannah, this fit our needs perfectly.Beds were comfy and not many places haw queen beds either. Breakfast was also included too. People need to realize a good deal when they see one. .

4  Thank thatlldu
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here on June 14, 2013 in the evening. The lady at the front was nice and helpful. There was a few questions about certain discounts that some people had that were in front of me. The receptionist offered them the discount that they had inquired about because they were told previously that this hotel accepted that. All of the sudden you could here something crash in a room from the back. As if something hit against the wall. We just looked at one another. Later the next day, we were informed by another lady that it was the owner of the hotel. He threw a printer at the wall while we were all out in the reception area waiting to check in because he was angry that the young lady gave a discount that was told they give on the website (can not remember which one). He fired her the next day. I will never stay at a hotel that treats the employees this way, in front of customers. Now as for the rooms, they weren't bad, but not were not worth the price. Especially for a greedy owner. But remember.....DONT ASK FOR THE DISCOUNT, YOU MIGHT GET THE STAFF IN TROUBLE!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank StacyTay
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The girl at the desk was very nice. After a long drive a fast check in started my vacation in a good direction. I put a 3 for location, it's great that it's so close to the highway but it's about 20 min from downtown. Not that detrimental but itd be nice to be closer, I wasn't aware of the distance. They have breakfast, they're clean, the rooms are pretty and comforting with a refrigerator and a lil coffee maker, the tub is spacious and there's a laundry facility. My boyfriend slept through the traffic but we also had the air conditioner on which is very efficient btw, I sleep w ear plugs so I was just fine. I wanna find more good things but I can't right now. I would def come back. I found the Inn on kayak for $38 a night on a stroke of luck but they're affiliated so that's nice. Beds are comfortable....i think that's it. Def staying here again