“Nice place for a nice price!”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My friend and I stayed here during our first road trip to Savannah-the staff was very understanding and helped us through the process. Clean room with an elegant flair, good wireless, awesome fridge. Continental breakfast was decent, but you could always stock the fridge like we did. A few dead bugs in the room, but that's to be expected in Georgia at summer time. A bit of a drive into downtown Savannah (15-30 minutes), but right off the highway, so a big relief after a five-hour drive! A really nice place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica M

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I booked there because reviews were good - which is surprising knowing the hotel. The carpet was not clean at all, there were dead bugs around, there was a bad smell... Noise from the road...
The only thing good about this place was breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here using United Air miles.It was a fine place to stay - clean, comfortable beds, hot breakfast was fine. Front desk staff was polite and the woman tending the breakfast buffet did a good job.
My room was on the "back" of the hotel. I had no issues with road noise. The A/C made enough "white noise" that I don't think I would have heard it if I was on the front side.

Really, no issues. I'd certainly stay here again if the occasion arose.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I'm writing this review to give some much needed truthful balance to the many positve(and puzzling) other posts.Our check in took longer than it should have when the desk clerk could'nt figure out why it showed our reservation for 2 nights instead of the correct 1 night asking me at one point who I made the reservation with even though she was looking right at it on her computer screen.When we entered our room the first thing we saw was a digustedly stained upholstered chair which we quickly coverd with a towel that had the texture of number 60 sandpaper.The next thing we noticed was a fly buzzing around which we managed to eventually kill but found out after we got into bed that he was not alone and the best we could do was to isolate the 2nd one behind a closed bathroom door.The room had a faint funky type of smell and the area around the tub needed recaulking.There is also a working truck stop directly across the street which made for some noisy moments.In the early morning hours we heard some young guys yelling out in the parking lot about who was going to fight who.This was not surprising when the next morning at checkout I heard someone who appeared to be a local inquiring about a weekly rate(never a good sign).On the plus side,the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good but neither was enough to offset what was a very unpleasant stay.

Room Tip: rooms away from the truck stop side
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flashover5
Reviewed June 6, 2012

What a wonderful, small, quiet, CLEAN, friendly, non cookie-cutter hotel this is. Located just off I-95 near Savannah this hotel offers a wisp of the famous Savannah based novel with moderate prices.

The hotel has been renovated and is furnished in a style not found in an off the freeway hotel. The area surrounding it is typical gas stations and truck stops with this little gem of a hotel in the middle.

This hotel is a great location to spend the night if you are doing the South Florida back North trek and just want a reasonable clean place to stay with a hint of something extra and don't have time to go into Savannah.

Right down the road to the south is an old time restaurant specializing in seafood and bar-b-que.. perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank phk123
Reviewed May 18, 2012

First time reviewer here. Found this place on hotels.com while looking for a place around Savannah off 95 on way to Disney. I was looking for a cheap place with a hot (not just continental breakfast). This place served that purpose. The price was right ($75/night which includes tax). The walk in price was slightly better than the hotels.com price. The room door was on the outside, which I normally can't stand, but it seemed to be in a safe neighborhood. Nothing special about the room. Unfortunately, our room had a slight urine smell which seemed to come from the AC. We did not bother to complain about it. My parents had the room next to mine and their room smelled fine. Beds were very comfortable. Generally the room was not spectacularly clean, but not bad. There were quite a few restaurants close by. I picked up a couple odd pizzas from Monte's Pizzeria which were awesome. Breakfast in the morning included sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, grits, waffles, apples and a couple of cereals. Not a large selection but exactly what I was looking for vs a continental breakfast. Lastly, I didn't need any staff, but the ones I encountered seemed very polite and friendly.

I was traveling with my wife, our 3 kids and my parents. If I had to do it again for a night, I would stay there again. Maybe not for more than a night though. If you are looking for decent cleanliness and a low price, this place is a good option

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Clean rooms, good breakfast selection and helpful staff,good location within easy ride to downtown historic area

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple