“Much Better Than Expected”
Review of Savannah Inn

Savannah Inn
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was skeptical when I saw the price of the room but was pleasantly surprised when a concerned and personable clerk greeted us when we arrived late. She got us quickly to our room in the most expeditious manor imaginable. Although the building is older, the exterior shows signs of on going maintenance and it was clean. The room was clean, including the fresh smell. The refrigerator and microwave worked fine. Towels and the soap / shampoo were displayed professionally. The TV had around 77 channels including at least one premium. The bed comfy with extra pillows. Shower clean and water warm. Almost forgot free wi-fi that gave me "3 bars". For overnight or a base to explore the area: What more could ask for (especially at this price)?
BTW: The motel has a large banner at the entrance saying $39.95 and up. Tells me you might get a better rate if you call the hotel direct.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 7, 2010

While the Savannah Inn is 10mins from downtown Savannah I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere clean, comfortable and cheap. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast wasn't bad, toast, 2 cereal choices, waffles, orange juice and tea/coffee. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Its not 5 star that you would get downtown but at $32 /night it was more than I expected. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2009

At $46 Inc. tax & fees, it could be better also. Nothing really wrong with the place but nothing right either. Room was adequate, service was ok & it's a easy on/off I-95. But the poor "continental breakfast" was very poor -- not even any milk for the cerial or coffee! Com'on, cerial with artificial coffee creamer?
TV remote in the office -- old TV
Tiny shower
In general, a worn & only adequate place for ONE night.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

When we booked my wife was somewhat apprehensive because of the price. The room was more than adequate for what we needed. Ideal location - only 10 mins from the main tourist areas at about a fifth of the price of 'in-town' hotels.

Service was the best - they honestly cared about our time in Savannah and did whatever they could to point us to the right places and help save us money (not a lot of places really care any more).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My family and I really enjoy our stay at the Savannah Inn. The staff was great and very helpful they not only gave us direction to historic savannah but also suggestions on what do when got there. This inn really made our trip worthwhile!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We had a couple of nights here on a road trip out from Florida to explore Savannagh and Hilton Island. The hotel was great for that purpose and we would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I had a horrible experience at this motel. But what do you expect for the price. I paid $27.00 a night on Hotwire and that's what I got. When I arrived there was no linen on the beds and no shower curtain. The front desk employee was very accomodating. The bed is comfortable but needs to be turned over, one side is loopsided from over use. But to add insult to injury I found a pair of men's underwear behind the bathroom door. Oh Gross!! (And I don't have a man and I dont enjoy wearing men's underwear) The housekeeper responded right away but what a wake up call. I guess I really can't complain but I am.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
tarasbrats, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2009

We regret any issues that may spoil a stay at Savannah Inn. In this tough economy we are going out of our way to attract and accommodate guests. However, by making an exception to allow this guest to check in earlier than the 3PM (during an especially busy period), we now have a dissatified guest and owner. When guests check out promptly at 11a, the few hours between 11a and 3PM give housekeepers sufficient time to thoroughly clean and inspect rooms. However, the housekeepers were rushed on this day, made mistakes when readying the room or had not completed the inn's quality routine. The mistake is embarrasing and we truly apologize for the inconvenience.