“Great Room, great price!”
Review of Savannah Inn

Savannah Inn
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Room, great price!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late. Left early. 50 dollars including tax, two queen beds, all new remodel, quiet hotel off the main drag. What else can you ask for? Breakfast lean but not important to me. Staff helpful. 15 minutes from Savannah.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dorval, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in Port Wentworth 2 years ago as we travelled to Orlando and it was a lovely place so we decided to make it our stop again on our family vacation we chose Savannah Inn what a horrible mistake we booked it thru Hotels.com which we have used many times thought it was a good price and the amenities such as LCD tv's and coffee machine were not there also microwave which we needed to warm up baby bottle was rusted beyond being able to safely use,drink machine was broken note says ask at front desk we did they don't have any, continental breakfast was a horrible space next to front desk but you must take it back to your room food did not look eatable,had I not pre booked and paid for 3 rooms we would have left.

Room Tip: Stay away no room is good here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy G

Travelers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was the cheapest place to stay in the Savannah area and it showed that. It is a 20 minute drive from downtown Savannah, but an easy drive. The only good thing I can say about the room was that the bed was comfortable. The pillows were flat rocks that hurt my back and neck, there were people coming and going at all hours - making lots of noise. The men who were doing road construction on the highway were all staying here during their job and spent a lot of time standing outside the rooms smoking and talking. The shower head had mold growing on it and there were mosquito carcases painted into the wall of the bathroom. They said breakfast ended at 9am (which is early for me), but the one day I got there around 8:30am, there was nothing left. My suggestion is to stay at the hotels by the airport (just an exit down and closer to savannah).

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Belmont, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I wanted a cheap hotel to stay in while visiting some friends. We weren't expecting anything great for $54/night but this was not even worth that. We did arrive late, around 11pm. I don't know if this was the last room available, since it was handicapped, but the only nice thing I can say is the mattress was comphy. I turned on the heater and it smelled like it was burning, the shower head had mildew all over it, there were a lot of suspicious characters in the area and people kept knocking on doors around us all night long. At just before 9:00am I went to get breakfast, but everything was cleared. I asked when breakfast was and he said 6:30-9am. I looked at the clock and he said it was over. Not even offering something. At 10am housekeeping started knocking on our door. We said we're in here, but they continued to knock and when we answered, they asked if we were staying another night. We said no, what time is checkout. They said 11am. We said we'll check out then. At 11am they started knocking again. I wish I listened to other guests and stayed somewhere else. The Red Roof Inn was cheaper and got way better reviews! Definitely don't stay here!!! I wish I knew we could post pics!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was clean. It had a small kitchenette. Price was great. Very good deal. Jesus. 200 characters is to much to say it was clean, inexpensive and comfortable. Room was clean. It had a small kitchenette. Price was great. Very good deal. Jesus. 200 characters is to much to say it was clean, inexpensive and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

LOCATION: Between two other hotels, with little curb appeal, however it was great for visiting downtown Savannah and Tybee Island.
BEDS: Very comfortable, though one bedspread was ripped with it's filling oozing out.
BATH: The shower floor was either stained or filthy, not to mentioned the hairs left on the shower wall. The light in the shower/toilet room would turn off in sporadic intervals. While in the shower, you had to call out for someone to turn the light back on. Cigarette marks on the side of tub indicated that the room had been smoked in.
CLEANLINESS: Besides the bathroom issues, apparently they never clean the top of the mini fridge, or under the microwave that sits there. When we were checking the room before leaving, I found a beer bottle cap and food wrapper that was not ours.
OTHER: The door had a gap large enough to see plenty of daylight, and allowed the cigarette smoke, from those LOUDLY congregating directly outside our room until well after bedtime, to filter in.

On the table was an envelope for the maid service. Hand written was "Para mi propina". (for my tip)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family