“This is a SLUMtel! DO NOT stay here if you expect cleanliness & a quiet night!!”
Review of Savannah Inn

Savannah Inn
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here 2 years ago & it was pretty nice, especially for the price, New owners took over since then. We had 2 rooms. One for my husband & I and the other for our daughters. Our daughters room was newly painted, so it "looked" clean. Our room on the other hand was disguisting! The walls were fithy. My husband was told a "white" guy stayed there for a few months & was very dirty. He asked if the housekeeping cleaned it (being sarcastic of course) & the lady said "not so good". WOW! That's comforting!! They gave us another room & it was just as bad, if not worse. The wall in the bathroom had dirty handprints & stuff written on the walls. The pillows were old & stained. The box spring - yuk! There was a huge gap under the door where you know bugs enter & the noise from the parking lot, assumed prostitutes, fighting over the truck drivers.
One of the "Indian" worker/owner, whatever he was, came up to the room & inspected it. He saw nothing wrong with it. Upon discussion with my husband, he suddenly didn't speak English. My husband said "I don't know what the standards are in your country, but in the US, there are standard we expect. I will call the health department. It was not a safe, clean place. It is a bio-hazard wasteland!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank kristinwags

Reviewed May 30, 2012

You couldn't pay me to step foot in the hotel again! The pictures on this web site is not this hotel. We pulled up to the hotel and it was a stay by the week place that has its personal drunk as a sercurity guard! This man was sitting on a bar stool on the second floor, with no t-shirt on and smoking a cigerate. Not to mention that the hotel is located behind the locate run down town bar! There is hardly any parking, and as we walk into our room there was a huge ashtray sitting outside our door (non- smoking room). As we enter our room my husband looks at me in fear! It wreaks of smoke and I pull back the comfort on the bed and there were black bugs on the sheets, with yellow stains on the sheets! We immediately went to the front desk to complain. The twelve year old that is running the front desk begins to yell at me and then yells at her mother that comes from the back. Because we booked our stay through a company on the internet, they would not refund us our money. Then I realize there was no where to sit down and eat the free breakfast in the morning. This place is a joke, and probly will not be open for long!This hotel will be on t.v one day about how nasty it is.

Room Tip: Go to the airport exit that is one up from here and stay there. If you go to the gas stay at the air...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We let Hotwire choose Savannah Inn for us and then, because of all those other reviews, we were prepared to go somewhere else if need be. But Savannah Inn was fine! The staff were friendly, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast which included great o.j., fresh milk, cereal, plus fresh-made waffles with butter and syrup, really was a wonderful surprise. They even gave us an apple for lunch later on. The location is easy to find and it is easy to get into Savannah for the day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank bmac-3
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We were staying at this hotel just to sleep. We were on our way to Florida. When we checked in it was very late and my entire family was exhausted. We were given our keys and they didn't work. So I had to go back to the office to get the keys working. The room was very small with no electrical switchplates. There was drywall compound all over the walls. The sheets were so thin, they were like gauze. The air conditioning didn't seem like it was working. When we woke up to take a shower, the handel broke and after we told management there was no apology or offer for another room so we could take a shower. The continential breakfast is cold cereal.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Burton746
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is a one star hotel at best. We were given a remote control fro the TV upon check in. Our room smelled like body odor. The floor was filthy as was the bathroom and sheets. The sheets on one of the beds were actually from a hospital! the name was clearly printed on the pillowcase! The lights were missing lampshades and there was a hole in the wall.
This is a hot sheets hotel located next to a truck stop. Avoid it all costs. We checked out immediately and stayed elsewhere . The attendant that checked us in checked us out immediately with no argument. She was not surprised with our request to leave.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank danmck2
Reviewed February 15, 2011

The room was very small and there was too much furniture in it. Once we've put our 2 suitcases in the room, there was literarly no space to walk around. Bathroom was very run down and towels smelled badly. Breakfast was ok. Staff was nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Ill sum it up in 2 words. DON'T GO. heater broke, bethroom light was twitchy. Small tv pillows were dirty, batteries to tv remote were dead. Small TV, alarm was broken, chain lock was broken, only acceptable aspect was that the beds were comfortable. DONT GO lol.

• Stayed: November 2010