“Old home comfort food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Tea Grille

Sweet Tea Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
So Ct
“Old home comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Snowbirds from New England heading home stopped here for the second year. Not fancy but good old comfort food with a southern touch. Hot open faced roast beef sandwich with colloard greens...excellent and more food than I could finish. Full bar with very reasonably priced drinks. The location behind a Wendy's is a little offputting but you should not be deterred by this. A very good place with food that anybody will love.

• Visited May 2014

new york
“a nice restaurant on a stopover on I95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Coming home from Florida and stayed at the Hampton Inn where the clerk recommended this place. The Rick's Stew was just great - tasty, hearty, full of good stuff and could be a meal by itself. My wife's shrimp dish - grilled on a skewer - was good. The use of spices was quite remarkable. My salmon, unfortunately, was not as steller. It was blackened when I asked it to be grilled and was a bit overdone. The sides of baked sweet potatoes, grilled vegetables were rather good, as was the house salad. If ordering a drink, stick with the beers as the red wine was nothing to write home about. All in all, I would recommend this place and may just have the stew with a salad - and a beer.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Virginia US
“Don't pass this by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Recommended by Inn at Mulberry Grove, this is a duo that any traveler or local would come to. Mom and pop friendliness, real southern cooking (not Paula Dean pretentiousness and so-so food) I'd eat here in a moment.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Rincon, Georgia
“Waitress Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I've been to numerous restaurants but have never experienced a more pleasant waitress than Ms. Priscilla. She was very cordial and kind. You seem to have a great staff working with you. The atmosphere was very friendly the moment I walked in the door and everyone made me feel at home.

Kevin M.

White Pine, Tennessee, Usa
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I didn't read reviews of the STG before we ate there. I saw many reviews that mentioned bad service. I have to DISAGREE! We had a great server, didn't get her name. My husband drinks his tea quickly when he eats. Most of the time, we have to wait for a refill. Our server brought 3 glasses of tea during our meal. She was friendly and seemed to love her job. My husband's hamburger was good, a little greasy, but good. I had a grilled chicken salad which was really good. I would eat there again.