“Open until they decide daily?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Tea Grille

Sweet Tea Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Open until they decide daily?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I walk over from my hotel. People were outside on the patio and sitting down inside. I anticipated they might close at ten (it was 9:30) so i thought I'd grab something to go if that was the case. No hostess was seen, and despite me walking in and standing at the hostess stand i was never greeted and had to say excuse me to a passing waitress to stop her from scurrying past and doing her best to avoid me. I asked her, "What time do you close?" She said, "We close at 9." No hours were posted on the door that i could see so who knows if she was just trying to avoid getting sat 30 minutes before or they really closed at 9 and chose to not extend the same courtesy to me as others. I did not rate food or value since I wasnt allowed to eat.

Visited January 2014
Scottie D, Public Relations Manager at Sweet Tea Grille, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello,

We are so very sorry about your experience in our restaurant. Our last seating is at 9PM Sunday through Thursday, and at 10pm on Friday and Saturday, and we are sorry you were not properly made aware of this when entering our restaurant. Please accept our apologies and join us for a meal to give us another chance. We would love to share our love of food and hospitality with you by giving you a $10 STG Gift Card for your trouble.

SIncerly.

Sweet Tea Grille

Saco, Maine
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and the food was excellent so we went back a second time! It was easy to access from local accommodations and seemed to be where all the locals eat.

Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only real food at this stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had been traveling all day from Miami to Savannah which was the first stop on a 3 day roadtrip. We stayed at the Hampton Inn down the street. This was the only restaurant very close by. The others were just fast food. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a table but I must say that all the workers were helpful and pleasant. The food was delicious and there was something on the menu for everyone's taste.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sara S
Clermont, Florida
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff recommended.....amazing southern food!! Clean, fast service and with southern hospitality! Not a chain restaurant but a place where locals as well as out of town people go. I had the open face roast beef dinner over Texas toast!! I didn't even need a knife to cut up. Amazing!! I would highly recommend this place.
I wish I lived about 1200 miles closer.

Clermont, Florida
“What a great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Our family stopped here while staying at the Hampton Inn down the street. The front desk recommended it for a meal before heading to bed after a long day. Unbelievable! Best Country Fried Steak and white gravy that I have ever had. I could not finish the large portion (that was also with a reasonable price). Cute place inside, clean, nice staff. If your stop puts you anywhere near this restaurant, don't hesitate.

• Visited December 2013