“Just great!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been there 4 or 5 times now and have been impressed every time. The crab cakes, fried green tomatoes, and sweet tea burger are amazing

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

At Sweet Tea Grille you can expect a great value for your money, some good southern hospitality, and good food. The loaded potatoe chips were delicious, the sweet tea wings were full of meat, and the bacon is done perfectly.
Service was attentive and helpful. A nice alternative to the normal chain restaurants.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a little trouble finding this eating place the first time, but it was well worth the effort. Lisa was a fantastic waitress! I had the BLT with fried green tomatoes.......tasty, tasty! The Onion Hay (thin rings) and sauce was out of this world. My husband had fried grouper, said it was average. Lisa spent alot of time telling us what to see in Savannah, vey friendly and she kept the tea flowing! We returned the next night for more grouper, onion hay, and I filled up on Soul Rolls (egg rolls with rice, pulled pork, greens, and black eyed peas. Yummy!! Corn bread and fresh rolls were brought to the table every time.

The fourth time we ate there the service was average. The rolls were not fresh, but were quickly replaced with an apology. My husband had country fried steak.....large enough to feed two people. If you eat there, order the grilled veggies and a side of Onion Hay is big enough to be a good starter.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

There were 7 of us travelling together on business and we found this little gem next door to our hotel.
We went for lunch and dinner. Both visits the food was very good and the portions are very generous.
A great place to grab a bit, conveniently located off I95 at Exit 109 in Georgia.
I'm hoping we can go back on our return trip next week :)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was disappointed both times... we chose this restaurant because it was close to the hotel and we had heard good things, plus we received a menu at check in. Our hostess was friendly enough but nothing to write home about. Our waitress left a lot to be desired. When we asked her about an item on the menu, she said - I've never had that but it's one of our popular items. I had the crab cakes, my mother had the shrimp, my sister had the chicken and gravy. The main dishes were all good - but the sides left a little to be desired. The slaw was not good at all and well - the fries were fries. As for our sweet tea - well we got one glass and she never came around to refill our glasses. I think we saw her once during our meal. She never offered to clear any empty plates. That was on Wednesday - a slow night. Hardly anyone in the place. Saturday night rolled around - we were still in the area and tired... STG was close - so we decided to try it one more time. When we asked for a booth - the hostess rolled her eyes like it was an inconvenience. then we were seated and our waitress walked up - my granddaughter (who is 4) said "not you again... ugh". Even she knew we had bad service the last visit and she's only 4. But we stuck it out. My sister got the chicken again because she knew it was good - I tried the sweet tea burger with pimento cheese on top. Everything was good but the pimento cheese - it tasted like it came straight out of a plastic tub from the grocery store. YUCK. And our waitress came by once and as she was walking by she said - is everything ok... never stopping. I had to call her back for tea. Which she had to go and retrieve. It just amazes me that she didn't have a tea pitcher in her hand - since the place is called the sweet tea grill... anyway - we got ready for our ticket and when we paid - we had to have the check split because she assumed we were on one check without asking. And then when she took our cards and our bills - she charged the wrong card to the wrong bill.. the up side to that is our bills were only about $1.50 difference so we just chalked it up to our fabulous waitress and said never again. The food may be ok - but it's overpriced and the service was awful!!! NOT going back anytime soon.

2  Thank stephanie p
Scottie D, Public Relations Manager at Sweet Tea Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello,

We are very sorry you had two bad experiences at our restaurant. To improve our quality of service, do you mind giving us a description of your waitress? We take pride in serving delicious food and employing friendly staff with great customer service skills. Your reply will help us better our wait staff and improve service.

Sweet Tea Grille