“Excellent food, great service”
Review of Sweet Tea Grille

Sweet Tea Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bloomingdale, ga
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been several times to Sweet Tea Grille and live nearby. You can count on locals to steer you in the right direction, I eat out often and always enjoy the food and the atmosphere at Sweet Tea Grille.

• Visited December 2012

“Wish I knew how to make the Soul Rolls!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I could of made a meal on the Soul Rolls! Then I would if missed out on the collard, fried green tomatoes and country fried steak!! Great down home cookin'

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Average but OK for a Chain Restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We were staying near by on a trip down to Fort Myers, this place was recommended as being good.  Food was OK, nothing special, service was good as well and the place was very busy for a 8pm on a Saturday, and the time we left at 9:20 almost empty.

Fort Pierce, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

On a recent trip to Savannah, a good friend took my wife I to Sweet Tea Grille for appetizers and drinks. We like going to non chain restaurants and were told the restaurant had recently opened. It was exceptionally clean and nicely decorated. The drink menu had some unusual but fantastic choices that we had never seen on menus before. The Pecan PIe martini was a desert in a glass. A really big hit! They also have a drink called the Chatham Artillary Punch, and they explained the history and its ties to Savannah. The appetizers were excellent, and included a Soul Roll, which again, we had not seen on other menus. While there, we met the owner and manager . They and the other staff were attentive and friiendly. We had a great time. On our next trip to Savannah we will defindately go back for dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Average, but new and improving”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We read the reviews and took note of the caveats, but it was close & convenient, and had been recommended to us by a lady at the Georgia Welcome Center, so we went.

We found a restaurant that is relatively new, has a young staff, and is still largely finding its legs. Depending on who you are and what you need, that can be fine, or it can be a problem. I'm a celiac (gluten intolerant), which means I can't eat anything made with or from wheat, barley, rye, and usually oats. The young waitress had never heard of celiac disease, didn't know about gluten intolerance, but was more than willing to go back and forth between the table and the kitchen to find out what they could and couldn't do for me. I was not 100% sure the kitchen knew what to do, so played it safe with things where they could tell me exactly what the ingredients were, and it worked out fine.

The food was tasty, the portions generous, the server very pleasant, and the restaurant was pretty enough. The drinks were nice, but open to question. The Cabernet I had was undistinguished. The martinis we had were enormous but not as potent as I would expect given that size, which raises interesting questions. The bar seems stocked with mostly premium brands, which are nevertheless not that expensive by northern standards. All told, a very pleasant experience, if not perfectly polished.

If you go in knowing that there are rough edges, then you (probably) won't be disappointed. Going in for a special night out might not be the best idea. We found the experience to be good, but could see how it could be uneven. I enjoyed the evening, and believe this restaurant will get better as they become more experienced.

• Visited January 2013