“Wow! But one major flaw.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Embrun, Canada
“Wow! But one major flaw.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

$85 with a cot. I paid double that recently on the I95 for about the same accommodations. Close to the highway, but not close enough to hear it. Clean, newly renovated, pool didn't reek of chlorine. Hot breakfast was good. Hard working and friendly staff. Really felt like we got a deal. My only concern, ask for a room on the ground floor. The windows can open and there's no screen, that would be lethal at the third floor, luckily I found that out and hid it from my kids.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Aiken, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The room was supposed to have refrigerator, but in fact there was none in the nook provided for it in the furniture console in the room. The room had no smoke alarm, only wires hanging down from the ceiling where one was supposed to be. The room had no second chair in addition to a straight-backed desk chair. We were told a refrigerator would be provided if we needed it, and it was, on the second day of our stay when we requested it. But it should have been there from the beginning. The smoke alarm was never provided. We were told it was probably detached and stolen, so that people could smoke in the smoke-free room. We were told that with the "upgrading" of the motel, wider beds had been put in, and the second chair that was formerly in the room would now not fit; a smaller chair had been ordered, but had not yet arrived. We asked that breakfast, at least the cold cereals, be made available at 5:30am instead of 6am, and were told the request would be put in. Sadly, nothing was made available until 6 am. Many, many webpages on the internet (including our email webpage) require Adobe Flash Player. It was not installed on the computer in the lobby, so those webpages could not be accessed. All that was necessary was to be able to sign in as administrator, so that Adobe Flash Player could be downloaded, but the young Indian-American man explained that no one knew the administrator password (he tried many, many passwords himself), so it could not be done. Result: we could not check our email, and we could not visit other mainstream webpages. The staff were very helpful, especially the young Indian-American man, but overall there was a lack of good management at this property, not up to Country Inn & Suites standards. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Milford, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We are starting to review our enjoyment of Country Inns & Suites, after several recent poor experiences. This chain used to be friendly, comfortable, with warm cookies at check-in, a tasty breakfast, and made you feel like a wanted guest. Desk clerk did not make us feel welcome, even when paying for a suite. She told me my "tier" of Loyalty card (member for MANY years) was too low for even a bottle of water. Now, when I buy Ice Mt water, it costs about 15 cents a bottle. Is being a loyal guest really not worth a 15c bottle (much likely cheaper as they would buy in bulk) of water? Clerk told guest ahead of us where a nearby restaurant was. We decided to try it, too. She did not tell us there would be a discount as motel guests, but luckily, we overheard other diners talking about that. Room soundproofing was slim to none. My daughter was awakened at 2:30a.m. by a group of noisy guests. I am not sure why it cost $40 more to get a suite with two beds, vs a King. I found bits of food and pieces of paper in the living area of our suite. Breakfast was ok, and in a large room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Monroeton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hard to locate entrance. Hot Tub out of order and indoor pool was too cold to use. The amenities in the bathroom were half empties left from previous guests...YUCK! Night shift older lady was a bit unfriendly when my husband asked about when the breakfast area would open. Usually this chain offers warm cookie during check in, this hotel does not, disappointed children...We stayed here on our way south and decided to stay on our trip back north to offer them a second chance. Nothing repaired and the pool wasn't any warmer. Woke the next morning and during our shower found bites with blood residue on PJ's. Suspect Bedbugs...Beware. Went for breakfast and were told nothing would be served until 7am. Not acceptable for travelers wanting to get an early start, especially ones with children. Will not stay here again...very disappointed!

Room Tip: Best pick another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
nsheth912, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. But, there are some things that we could not change such as the entrance of the hotel since this was built back in 1998. Our hot tub was out of order and we had signage and notified guest that it was down and about the Indoor Pool, they are set at certain temperature and is working perfectly normal.

I would like to also ask if you brought these concerns to our management before your departure. Because if the bathroom amenities were half empty and if you had "blood residue on your PJ's" then this would be something that I would make the management aware before I would have left the hotel. This issue was never brought to the attention of management, If there is ever a concern we will correct the issue make sure that our guests are taken care of.

Please contact me and we will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Best regards, nsehth912@gmail.com

Travelers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

Saco, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We selected this facility since it was pet friendly, but perhaps the Hampton located nearby would have been a better choice. First of all, it was difficult to find the entrance and then we found the room to be noisy with a lot of truck traffic. The heater in the room was extremely noisy. We went in to Savannah for the entire day only to come back and find the room to not be cleaned up. Disappointing !The property needs to be better taken care of; especially the trash containers at the entrances. Breakfast was underwhelming to say the least.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay regarding the noise issues due to our location and due to the heater, as well as the issues concerning the condition of our facility. We will be addressing these issues internally and will use your comments to consider improvements in the near future.

If you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a quick overnight stay on our way back to Florida. It appears that this property is new or is currently under renovation as evidenced by the smell of new carpet and/or fresh paint. We were given room 331 since we had our dog with us and actually this room was near the side entrance and dog walk area which was very convenient. The hotel charges a $ 20.00 non-refundable pet fee which is quite reasonable and we were delighted that our room was odor-free and quite large with 2 queen beds,fridge and microwave. The front desk staff and breakfast attendant were very personable and friendly and the fresh baked cookies are always an added bonus. My only complaint...the pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was out of order and the pool was so cold ! I think that a Beluga whale would feel right at home in that icy cold water ! With the exception of those things, our stay was satisfactory and pleasant. There aren't a whole lot of restaurants or activities near this hotel, but it is convenient off of I-95 and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...just have the jacuzzi working next time,ok ?

Stayed January 2014
Rutledge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We reserved two rooms at a cost of less than $90 per room. We arrived after dark and had to drive around the property a couple minutes to find the location of the entrance as it was not as clearly marked off the highway as we expected. The lady who checked us in was very pleasant and had a nice smile; however, a middle-aged lady who verified our check out the next morning was more curt than we are accustomed to in the South. The beds were comfortable and the room (including the restrooms) were clean. We did not use the pool, but I used the little fitness room and really liked the equipment. The breakfast area had a sufficient selection of pastries, cereals, waffles, and biscuits-n-gravy but I have seen larger varieties of breakfast choices at other Country Inns & Suites. Also, the food line seemed a little cramped, and I wonder if it would help to have plates, etc. on both ends of the food areas as well as an additional waffle maker (just a suggestion). I really liked how quiet the property seemed at night. (Our room was on the front side of the hotel above the front doors.)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family