Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah I-95 North, GA
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a quick overnight stay on our way back to Florida. It appears that this property is new or is currently under renovation as evidenced by the smell of new carpet and/or fresh paint. We were given room 331 since we had our dog with us and actually this room was near the side entrance and dog walk area which was very convenient. The hotel charges a $ 20.00 non-refundable pet fee which is quite reasonable and we were delighted that our room was odor-free and quite large with 2 queen beds,fridge and microwave. The front desk staff and breakfast attendant were very personable and friendly and the fresh baked cookies are always an added bonus. My only complaint...the pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was out of order and the pool was so cold ! I think that a Beluga whale would feel right at home in that icy cold water ! With the exception of those things, our stay was satisfactory and pleasant. There aren't a whole lot of restaurants or activities near this hotel, but it is convenient off of I-95 and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...just have the jacuzzi working next time,ok ?

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We reserved two rooms at a cost of less than $90 per room. We arrived after dark and had to drive around the property a couple minutes to find the location of the entrance as it was not as clearly marked off the highway as we expected. The lady who checked us in was very pleasant and had a nice smile; however, a middle-aged lady who verified our check out the next morning was more curt than we are accustomed to in the South. The beds were comfortable and the room (including the restrooms) were clean. We did not use the pool, but I used the little fitness room and really liked the equipment. The breakfast area had a sufficient selection of pastries, cereals, waffles, and biscuits-n-gravy but I have seen larger varieties of breakfast choices at other Country Inns & Suites. Also, the food line seemed a little cramped, and I wonder if it would help to have plates, etc. on both ends of the food areas as well as an additional waffle maker (just a suggestion). I really liked how quiet the property seemed at night. (Our room was on the front side of the hotel above the front doors.)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Familyof2boys
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed in many Country Inns and this is NOT one of the good ones. To get to the hotel from 95 you have to go down a side street and like 2 others trying to find the entrance we drove into a deserted lot 1st !!!! The hotel is the 2nd opening. My check-in was interrupted a few times when my clerk needed to answer the phone and take other reservations. The room was standard fare for this chain and was clean if not well maintained. Try to get a room away from the tank cleaning company as they are open 24/7 and are a little noisy.

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side of the tank cleaning company.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a decent hotel, my family and I had a nice stay. We felt safe and the accommodations were comfortable enough. Breakfast was OK, we had enough to eat. Staff were friendly and courteous. My only complaint is that the pool was ice cold. My daughter started to cry after being in it for 2 minutes. They should really address that issue. Otherwise, I would recommend it - nice place especially for the price (a one bedroom suite with separate living area for around $100).

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We checked in very late on a family road trip so couldn't be too choosy about where we stayed. The staff that checked us in was veryf tiendly an the lobby was nice. Our room was fine for a no frills hotel. The window black out shades were broken so we could only close one side. The other complaint was that there was a pretty large stain on the sheets. Pretty light in color so maybe housekeeping missed it? The sheets did smell clean, so it wasn't that they hadn't been changed. Breakfast was a very small selection but the kids said the food was good. Overall it was fine. The room was relatively clean which is the most important thing to me.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Compared to other motel chains I would rate it average, even above, but if you enjoy Country Inn because you have been accustomed to the amenities you expect, you will find it sub par. You still get that "coming home" feeling when you enter the lobby - pleasant staff, the staircase, the reading nook, the cookies, the coffee - but the design will disappoint. The pool is too small, the fitness center is too small allowing space only for three treadmills and an inadequate resistance machine, the business center has been reduced to a single computer in the lobby. The rooms are as spacious as ever so for a single overnight and no need for the pool, the fitness, or the business center you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Although there is an elevator, I like the second floor so I can walk up and down the staircase
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

As soon as we walked through the door we were greated by Cheryl who was smiling and polite as can be. Cheryl was very knowledgable and upbeat, her positive vibe was contagious. The place had just been renovated and looked clean and modern. We had no issues with our room everything was clean and appeared to be new. They bake fresh cookies around the clock and keep the cookie jar full and fresh. We will most certainly be back the next time we are in town. Thanks for making it a great stay!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Best Western Plus North Savannah
Best Western Plus North Savannah
#4 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Hampton Inn Savannah -  I-95 North
Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 Nor...
#1 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Airport, GA
Inn at Mulberry Grove
Inn at Mulberry Grove
#9 of 12 in Port Wentworth

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah I-95 North, GA? Share your experiences!