“Will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Ontario
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Coming from Toronto, Canada, we decided to stay here on our way to Orlando, Florida. It was very reasonably priced and it was right by the highway. After driving for 17.5 hours, there is nothing more inviting than a clean room! The whole place was very tidy and we were just looking for a place to crash for the night before continuing our treck. There was absolutely nothing in the area other than a Wendy's (thank goodness) but we didn't come for the scenery. This hotel was perfectly situated 5 hours outside of Disney World (our ultimate destination) so that driving there the next day wouldn't seem like forever. It also came with a free continental breakfast which was great!!! We made our own waffles and there was fresh orange juice, hot coffee and other breakfast selections. It was nice to sit there and relax and have breakfast before going on the road again. It wasn't very busy so it just felt like we were sitting at our dining table eating as a family. To sum up, I would definitely stop at this exact place again if we ever decide to do the drive to WDW. Free breakfast, comfy and clean rooms - you can't go wrong. Oh, and there was also a pool, which we would have dipped in if we could find the time.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel cause most of the hotels were sold out due to spring break. The owner and the young guy at the desk were great but the rms were old, outdated and smelly. The bed was worn out and the bedspead was thin. They has signs posted in the rm that you would be charged if the wash clothes, towels. etc were missing but we were missing them when we walked in. Find somewhere else to stay, if possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjgregg
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Heading home from FL hit massive traffnic for hours,decided to rest for the Night however couldn't find any room anywhere as it seems everyone had same idea. This hotel had 1 room left-and we grabbed it. Priced high for what it is,but was clean and comfortable. This hotel needs updating and has some leak stains in bathrooms etc but was fine for a pit stop. Rate included decent hot breakfast. FroNt desk staff very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Eden, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before I get into the bad I have to say this place was SPOTLESS when I was there, even the light bulbs had been dusted. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet had several hot choices and plenty to go around even right before it closed.
Now the not so good...
I paid $152 for a 2 bedroom suite what I got was a 1 bedroom suite and a queen bed stuck in the living area. The room was advertised as a king bedroom and a queen bedroom. The bathroom was located inside the king bedroom, so every time our teenage daughters had to use the lav. they had to tip toe past my husband and I trying to sleep. They called this a "business suite" at the front desk , but I honestly can not imagine having to sneak past a work associate in the middle of the night.
There was a micro wave and two refrigerators in the room ,but no coffee pot.
I booked in advance so they were aware that the room was for 4 adults and a toddler ,but we were supplied with only 2 towels and 1 wash cloth. Having to hunt down a night clerk ( not at the front desk) to get more towels at 11:00 at night was annoying.
Overall for the (supposed) 20% advance purchase price of $125 pre-taxes I expected a much better room and more in room amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha W
Etowah, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Using my Choice Privilege member I think I paid about $55 for a clean, spacious room with a king bed. The desk clerk was attentive and put me on the back side of the hotel facing a closed restaurant. I was able to get a good sleep and continue my trip back to NC the next morning. The breakfast buffet here was ok, but not as extensive as those at Comfort Inns or Suites. The hot items ran out quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I travel frequently for business and have never had such a horrible lodging experience. The bathroom had a strange red stain all over the floors and countertops... Can only be described as blood. When I wanted to leave at 1:00am to get something to eat (was still on California time) the attendant told me I WASN'T ALLOWED TO LEAVE. If I did leave I wasn't allowed to come back in until she was ready to unlock the doors!!!! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Looks good on the outside, brass doorknobs and locks looks impressive
Keycard didn't work all the time. First room lights wouldn't turn on, got another. Second room bathroom light flickered entire time it was on. There were other lights that didn't turn on also. Bathroom door would not close fully. Corner in bathroom big crack from floor to ceiling. TP holder loose. Wire covers on wall lamps were all slid to floor or mostly not covering wire. No lock on outside window ( found that out the next morning). Lots of trash outside of the window. I booked 2 rooms for the night, my elderly parents stayed in the other room. I was trying to impress them to show what they could get by paying more than $35.00 per night for a room. They were not impressed, the night before we stayed in a Econo lodge that was a lot better. I have stayed in many Quality Inns Choice Hotels but this is the first time I was truly disappointed. At checkout the clerk didn't even try to write down all my observations complaints. I was also not recognized as being a Gold Choice Privileges Member. At the Econo lodge they gave me a grab and go bag. So paying more for the looks of this place was not worth it

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn Midtown
Quality Inn Midtown
#62 of 112 in Savannah
3.5 of 5 stars 382 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Savannah North? Share your experiences!