Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Nothing fancy, but it was good for one night. They had an adequate continental breakfast and a pleasant staff.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Upon entering our room and unloading our things I went into the bathroom, closed the door only to find strands of brown hair on the floor along with dust. I went to the front desk and told the young man and he offered to move us, but I said we would stay as we wanted to be with the group we were traveling with, he said we would probably be given a 50% discount on the room. I thanked him, went back to the room, took a motel towel and kinda cleaned the floor. The next a.m. a large spider fell into the sink from the very dirty light covering. Not done yet! I moved the coffee pot out from the wall only to find men's shavings on the coffee tray and along the wall by the sink. Moved the waste basket, a used Q-tip appeared. Upon checking out I told the girl of the room and she said that ,"Oh no, they never give 50% off maybe $10." Let me say that I was more concerned with the cleanliness or lack thereof of the room.
The breakfast buffet was adequate with a variety of cereals, breads and pasteries. The chairs however were, to put it in "kids terms" grossed out as many were unfit to sit on . While we were eating and talking ,all of a sudden the folding door was slammed closed with a rude "we're closed" spoken by the desk clerk.
A possible solution would be to have the rooms inspected and hire someone who has knowledge of how to clean a room!! We have the Trip Reward program and travel alot staying many times at Ecno-Lodges - satisfied.
At this time I would not recommend this motel. There are many others close by

Stayed: February 2008
sadgirlpooler, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

buiness was sold to new owners in may 2008,has been renovated ,the pictures are really old on your web site. and when i get new ones how do i up load them

Reviewed June 29, 2007

My family stayed there on the way home from our vacation. We were tired, and if it had not been past 6:00 pm I probably would have taken one look at the room, cancelled, and looked elsewhere. I would not let the children take off their shoes the carpet was so nasty. The room was very musty smelling and dirty - stains on the blankets - no toilet paper on the roll - no tissues in the box - dust and grime around the coffee maker and sink. Bathroom was so tiny, even my youngest could not sit on the toilet and have me open the door at the same time. For the price we paid, (mid-range) I at least expected cleanliness. Won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
sadgirlpooler, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

hotel under new owner and manager,has been reovated,please remove from web site

Reviewed February 1, 2007

Forget it...overpriced simply because it is close to Savannah, room was gross, damp, dank and dirty. Unbelievable.

The next time we stayed at the Microtel down the street; it was very nice and even cost less.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank KikiiSC

under new management and owner please remove comment

A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed May 24, 2006

me and my wife stayed at the econo lodge may 25,2006 and at the least we didnt think of it as a super hotel but i have to say our room was up to standered and clean. i have bad dust allergies and usually when we travel and stay at a hotel i cant sleep due to the dust either from the rug or something in the room i can say i sleep very well..and the people up at the front desk was very polite and curtous.

• Stayed: May 2006