“Great value nice rooms”

Motel 6 Savannah Airport - Pooler
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many motels across the country and can say that: great value, clean rooms, great location and friendly staff make this one of the better places to stay while in Savannah/Pooler Ga.
The rooms are larger than most motels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I work construction all over the country and this is the worst place I've ever stayed. The chair in my room is nasty, I don't use it unless I cover it with a sheet. Checked in and the toilet would flush strong enough to dispose of waste. I called for maintenance for times before I finally fixed it myself. They provide dish rags instead of wash cloths for bathing. The rags will literally scratch you face or other sensitive parts of your body. The owner should be ashamed of this place. I only stay here because its paid for by the company I work for. Housekeepers do a good job, but its like putting lipstick on a pig...you still got a pig.
Find somewhere else to stay while in Savannah/Pooler Ga.

• Stayed: October 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Airport - Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear DavidM
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I thought Motel 6 had recently made lots of improvements but not to this particular location. We were making an overnight stop and thought this would be a good place to stay. the room smelled of old cigarette smoke. There was not enough linens for the 3 of us to bathe and when I called the front desk they told me they did not have access to linens. There were a few other issues. Needless to say I will never stay at a Motel 6 again. I would not recommend anyone pick this particular hotel to stay at. Nasty, smelly and not a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: No rooms are a good choice in my opinion
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Airport - Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear angerella73 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor and service issues you encountered that led to your unpleasant stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently stayed with my wife at the Motel 6 above mentioned and need to report how disgusting this place is:
1- The front desk clerk was involved in a deep conversation with 2 drunken and loud smoking friends and barely paid attention to us during checking in (it was around 11PM)
2- The room was filthy, with large stains allover the carpet (room 114)
3- The bed was made like my four year old would, by hurriedly changing the sheets without paying any attention how it will look once the bed cover is open: sheets not tucked under the mattress, pillows thrown on the bed - Basically needed redoing
4- The bathroom was filthy with no shampoo (for travellers?!) - a wet small bar of soap was available near the sink.
5 - Mold at the base of the tub - Hair in the tub - Tub emptying very slowly, obviously plugged from past users hair etc. Toilet bowl dirty - Old toilet paper roll 3/4 used
I will stop here as I don't want to remember about the noise and screaming going on near the front desk. Using this hotel while waiting for our flight, there was no time to escape this hellish place - Overall a truly disgusting experience -

Welcome to Dusk to Dawn

Room Tip: Sleep on the beach or find a park bench but stay away from this infested hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeanMichel
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have always had good luck with Motel 6, but this one was not a good choice. If we had not been so tired from a very long drive, plus we had made reservations in advance, we would have left immediately after looking at the room. This is an older motel - the front section has been condemned as unsafe (desk clerk told us it was termite damage). Our room was in the back section. The carpet was dirty and badly stained. The bathroom had black mildew growing on the caulking around the tub. To top it off, there was what sounded like hammering going on in a nearby room for several hours. Maybe renovations?
We chose this motel for its convenient location to Savannah, but will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 897LEM
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Decent hotel. Great for a one night stay on our way to Florida. I don’t think I would stay here for any longer than one night. Just because it does not have the amities I like at the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. But great hotel for one night and at a great price. I would stay here again when traveling back home from Ohio.

Room Tip: stay on the top floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan0889
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We spent the night at this motel while traveling to Florida from Virginia on Christmas Day. We arrived around 10 pm and was very tired. The room is old and needs remodeling badly, the price was 45 dollars so I guess you don't expect fancy but I don't think the room was clean. When I booked the room in advance I didn't notice that it was a Ramada Limited as they usually are not up to the standards of Ramada's. We would not recommend this motel. It just needs a thurough cleaning.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple