“Stay of improvement”

Ramada Pooler/savannah
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pooler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel needs to be shut down..they have bedbugs, fleas, roaches, mildew in some of the ceiling tiles throughout the hotel and a very bad criminal activity problem here. A lot of the rooms have a very bad mildew smell in them and the lobby smells like cigarette smoke. I asked if it was a smoking hotel and they said no, but you can smoke inside the bar that's in the lobby of the hotel!!?? Please this hotel needs to be reported to the Heath department, BBB, OSHA, and the Ramada corp because they're looking at a lawsuit having their name on this hotel..check all the other reviews if you don't believe me or take a trip there for your self...make sure you ask for one of their best rooms!!!..lol

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank scorpio_king_1986
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013

JeQuavian Q Smith

General manager

301 Governor Treutlen Dr.

Pooler, GA 31322

Telephone: (912) 748-6464

I stayed at the RAMADA in Pooler(exit 102- off of I-95) with my mother on 10/11/13 and 10/12/13. You had no Handicap room, but did have a NEWLY REMODELED ROOM (RM 125)- HA,HA. I arrived n the room- it was clean, but it had no trash can and the ledge above the sink was starting to fall off the wall.

The noise from some the people staying and/or living there was TOO much after 11PM on Saturday Night. on Saturday morning we piled the towels and trash in our bag in the bathroom. We came back to the room and (yes) they did bring us a trash can. The towels were not removed and the rom was not refreshed ALL DAY. I asked a worker who said that she had just come from upstairs and took the towels and trash. She returned with fresh towels for us and said that she would tell the housekeeper about the room need to be taken care of that day.

The room was no refreshed AT ALL THAT DAY. I thought about leaving a penny on tail to you service was BAD. I did not, but at this time I will not EVER stay there again (even if you are the only hotel with rooms).

I fell that you should have completed you renovations and inspect prior to opening rooms to the public.

Lisa Anne Gowler

Rita M Gowler

4470 73rd Avenue North

Pinellas Park, FL 33781

Home: (727) 544-3966

Room Tip: would not recommend to any family and/or friends to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa G
JeQuavianS, General Manager at Ramada Pooler/savannah, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Mrs. Gowler,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Pooler/Savannah. I apologize that all of our handicap rooms were sold when you arrived. I have received your comments also through my Customer Care department and we have processed you a compensation. I thank you for understanding during checkout that we were still in renovations. Please come back and visit once renovations are completed.

Travelers are raving about these Pooler hotels

Hinesville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Olivia was excellent at the front desk, was very friendly, and extremely helpful ! She made us feel very welcome! She has a great personality, and smiled the entire time she was helping us ! She told us of all the fun things we could do in the area. She let us choose which room we would like. Definitely keep her working front desk! She was awesome !!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I checked in October 1st after a long 12 hour drive heading to Florida, I came on tripadvisor.com and seen the reviews for the Ramada where horrible. I checked in anyways and was greeted by a young lady named Corrina, I will never forget her. She even walked me to my room and the rooms where in PERFECT CONDITION. Everything was fine, the location is hard to find needs a bigger sign. But WILL STAY AGAIN

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank KaylaJackson
Bloomingdale, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here before is was Ramada, And we always had excellent service, Now we are back JQ is the manager, he is doing a wonderful job as manager. The front desk staff is wonderful, Corrine on the front desk in the morning is Excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James S
Litchfield, Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2013

There isn't enough space here to describe all that went wrong during this stay, roaches, no maid service, frig didn't work, light bulbs out, no wi-fi, lied to by staff and manager, breakfast shortages and cleared away 20 minutes early, but the worst problem was the fraud after we left. Our credit card was charged not once but twice AFTER we left for a total just over $750.00. We did receive credit later but never got an apology. First the manager said I was wrong, that they couldn't have charged my card since they didn't have it and then when I proved that they did, she blamed the bank.
Afterword, I decided to contact Ramada International so they were aware of the condition of this hotel but they didn't seem to care either. They seemed to think that since I was refunded, all was well. I disagree, what about the horrible stay and all the hassle I had cancelling my credit card. You would think that Ramada would care about their name being associated with such a bad hotel that has employees that try to rip people off.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family