“If you are a cockroach, welcome to Mecca”

Cottonwood Suites Savannah Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Filthy. Trash bags littered the halls, the never-cleaned since 1975 beds and carpets had a white goo present in the 2 rooms we tried. Wall to wall filth. Floors, ceilings, doors. I think the soap was dirty. a/c not working. Cockroaches present. No maid service after requests made. No towels available! Said that they were out being cleaned. Why clean the towels? You don't clean anything else! Called front desk to ask for roach spray. Front desk didn't bat an eye and said, "yeah I think we have some". Great value for cockroaches. For humans, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: avoid like the plague (they have the plague here)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bob R
JeQuavianS, General Manager at Cottonwood Suites Savannah Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank You for choosing Savannah Conference Hotel. I am very shock with your review. This is my first time hearing of your complaints. Did you contact the front desk with your issues? Our rooms are inspected by three different managers before it is labeled as Guest Ready. I apologize for your stay not meeting your standards.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Hotel has super friendly staff. In a safe area. Served coffee and some breakfast items from 6-9am. Free wi-fi. Tv channels that actually work. About 8 min to Downtown Savannah. Very cheap for the location. Pillows were kind of lumpy, but eh who cares! Would definitly stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Savannah M
JeQuavianS, General Manager at Cottonwood Suites Savannah Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank You for choosing Savannah Conference Hotel. We are in the process of remodeling the property. During your next stay, you should see many exciting changes!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This letter is being written as a formal expression of the disgusting experience I had last night at the Savannah Conference Center Hotel.

Our first impression was favorable. Your front Desk Clerk on Tuesday night was pleasant and helpful. Upon arrival to our room, three things needed attention. There were no cups, the batteries in the remote were dead and the light on our desk was burned out. Going to the front desk the young lady was able to help us with each item expect the light bulb.

On a subsequent evening we were awakened by drunken voices from the hall and the next morning the hallways were litter with trash and debris.

Last night Friday April 5, is what we found to be totally inexcusable behavior from you Night Manager Whitley. Upon return to our room, we noticed that the room had not received attention during the day. The bed was unmade, Linens and towels not replaced. Coffee Service was not in place. Ice bucket still full of water, trash not emptied. In other words, NO service had been provided. I went to the front desk to have the situation corrected. Your Night Manager Whitley told me that my room HAD been done and that there was no one to service it. When I complained, she told me I had not paid for my stay and I had 30 Minutes to vacate the property. She went on also to say she was sick of hearing complaints from customers because it had been a bad day due to a fire. She was belligerent, rude, and disrespectful. After, telling me I had to vacate in 30 minutes she simply walked off and left me standing there. I asked the other young woman that was there where she went. She said she did not know and went in search of her. About 10 minutes later Night Manager Whitley came back and apologized and actually inspected our room. Upon doing so, she realized we were correct and apologized for her egregious behavior. I told her if I ever had an employee that exemplified such rude behavior to one of my customers I would fire them on the spot. She brought coffee and cups. Never did get to work on the desk because the light was not replaced. She did offer to comp the night in which earlier said had not been paid.

This morning I went to breakfast at 6:00 and the food was not out and the woman said it would be out in 10 mins. When we left at 7:00 food was just being put out.

Night Manager Whitley nor anyone was to be found at the front desk when we left this morning. After waiting about 5 mins we left.

I do hope our experience was not typical of the treatment that your customers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joe5515
JeQuavianS, General Manager at Cottonwood Suites Savannah Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank You for choosing Savannah Conference Hotel. We enjoy having nubarter guests at our hotel. I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay, I am investigating the situation and will contact you with details. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever been in. The Lobby was so nice, of course they had to make it look good. As for the rooms that was another story. We arrived to the hotel at around 4:30 pm and our rooms were not ready. We actually felt special due to our reservation being misplaced we were given suites! Lol!! In my suite we never got to watch TV due to no remote control and there were no buttons on the TV to turn it on\off. So I was searching the remote and got down on the floor beside the bed looking and what did I pull from beside the bed, a nasty dried up tampon. Which had been there for a while, how nasty!!! Then after our first day our room never got serviced we had to complain every day. I will never return to this hotel again and will never refer this hotel to anyone. And they thought they were doing me a favor by compensating me 10%, wild $13.00! And the manager was so rude he need a attitude adjustment or some type of people skills.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tavia H

Thank You for choosing Savannah Conference Hotel. Our rooms are inspected everyday by several different managers before rented to a guest. We sincerely apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your suite. Please contact the property to receive details concerning your stay!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

we were traveling back north from florida , had no reservations ,got tired around pooler georgia, saw the sign for the savannah conference hotel, and stayed there, the room was excellent, cleanwith a fridge and microwave, and coffee maker, clean toilet, short on some towels, but the breakfast was excellent, (go for the waffles) free newspaper, the pool was wonderful. definately wil stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hetch9

Thank You for choosing Savannah Conference Hotel. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay. At Savannah Conference Hotel, we take pride in making sure our guests are completely satisfied with their accommodations.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

THIS HOTEL NEEDS PEOPLE TO WORK THERE THAT CARES ABOUT IT, lobby and hallways clean but my room was half done no towels and dirty sheets on the made bed found two baby cockroaches braekfast area clean 96 out of 100 from health dept, pool and courtyard were dirty exerise equ. were all broken al;l but one staff was friendly long term people staying there get it together and this will but a great hotel

Room Tip: inner rooms face the pool and courtyard but the courtyard needed cleaning and the outer rooms face t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent service by the housekeeping staff. The room that we got was spacious and modern. We stayed here for 3 days with 2 adults. We enjoyed the on-site bar as well. I highly recommend this hotel. Will definitely stay here next time we're in town.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family