“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Ellabell, Georgia, United States
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here on saturday feb 9th 2013....The first room we had we walked in and seen a roach. Then in the bathroom when the light came on there were about 6 more. We called the front desk and told them about this. They ad told us that they had just had someone in to spray recently and offered us a different room. So we took it, When we had gotten into the other room everything was ok at first then a roach came from behind a picture. We just tuffed it up and stayed anyway. The next morning My fiance took a shower and went to use the hair dryer, And Live roaches came out of the hair dryer and landed on her. I had something to the clerk and she had given me the number to the manager. Who in turn I talked to this morning and said shes never heard of anything like this. Is suppose to get back to me. But I do know we will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at the savannah conference for over 4 months when first moving in management service staff and hospitality was excellant towards three months in they changed management and staff and began to enforce laws that never existed before... Pooler pd arrives at least three times a week they only spray for bugs when they feel you are hiding something and when it comes to charging and paying your bill they have.no problem charging you with no awareness i never noticed till now but i realize why the rating is what it is now do not stay in the time i was there i have seen a stabbing a shooting heard of prostitution watched drugs been sold and all in all they feel the need to single out people no matter of the ones quilty bad place... Great review

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank the_unknown_soldier
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend a event. I was very VERY resistant to staying at this hotel because of the previous reviews. Unfortunately, I did not win the fight. However, upon check-in I arrived a day earlier and they were able to accommodate me. I upgraded and asked for the "best room in the hotel" due to avoiding a bad stay. I ended up with a king size room with the "air filter". The rooms and hotel is very old not remodeled, it reminded me of hotels in the 80s and early 90s. However, good news is I didn't see any bugs in our room. :-), :-). I think that the "air filter" keeps them away and the special mattress cover keeps bed bugs away. It was worth the extra money however, if you add up the extra fee's you might as well stay across the street at the newer, updated hotels. Fortunately, I did not get the bad rooms such as the other reviews indicate hence the title "We made it through".
However, I did get to visit some friends in other rooms and they did have lots of small roaches in the bathrooms :-( Yuck. When I checked out I saw a older gentlemen (maybe truck driver) checking out who told the front desk clerk " I have stayed with you all for years and this place is getting worse every time I come. Tell the manager she really needs to get the bug problem under control. It is ridiculous to have this many bugs in my room." I was like :-0
Positives
1. Good for a event where you want to hang out until the wee hours of the morning.
2. The lounge has karaoke that goes on to party and drink all night.
3. If you get the one room in the hotel that is bug less you have hit the jack pot.
Negatives
1. If you get the other rooms you will be stomping, scratching and hopefully not taking anything home in your bags.
2. If you are looking for a quiet night you will hear noise all night long.
3. If you host an event here you may party but don't want to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the 1st floor rooms closest to the front desk.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SuthernBell
, Manager at Ramada Pooler/savannah, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We want to thank you for your recent stay here at the Savannah Conference hotel. The hotel rooms to wich you are refering is our healthy hotel rooms. They are equipped with air filter, water filter, and mattress protector. Our hotel is an older building but we are currently beginning renovations wich include all new furniture, carpeting and paint. I will admit we are a work in progress but we work every day to make sure all of our guest are satisfied at the end of the day. Please come back and see us again.
BEAUFORT
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Be very careful! They will charge your card even when you cancel your reservation and refuse to work with you to resolve the problem. I canceled my stay but still visited for the GnomeCon. Big mistake. All of hotel reeks of smoke. Roaches abound. Staff is beyond rude and unprofessional. Do not hold your event here. So glad I didn't spend the night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeaufortTravelor
Mary R, Manager at Ramada Pooler/savannah, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
First I would like to thank you for the time you spent to bring these issues to our attention. I am truly sorry for any negative experience you had during your visit to our property. Our staff in its entirety strives to maintain a professionl and accomdating demeanour at all times. Our hotel was recently purchased by a new owner and is undergoing extensive renovations to make sure that any issues that there may be are taken care of. We respect any feedback that will help us in making the Savannah Conference Hotel the best facility it can be. We invite you to please come back and experience our changes in person.
Elko
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Recently I had to go to the pooler area for work and I found a cheaper rate at the savannah conference hotel. The front desk was somewhat polite and relatively organized. I got a single non smoking and went to my room. WhenI went in it was very musty smelling, there were cigarette burns on the bed spread, and an extremely moldy bathroom. The entire bottem of the shower curtain was very disgusting as well as mold on the walls and on the tub tile. The people across the hall must have had 6 dogs in their room and the smell coming out of there was horrible. There were fleas crawling around and the cockroaches were crawling on the bed and across the tv screen at night. I have stayed in alot of hotels and Savannah Conference Hotel in Pooler GA is by far the worst.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravellingElko
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2012

i know what you mean i could not get on the internet for more then 5 min at a time and it took me 10 min to log on i check my cnnection they have like 5 connection that is more the 4 bars but trying to connect it is like terrible and i get flustrated i cant stay on to get any work done the staff is very nice and helpful the rooms are clean the thank you connie for your hard work and june for breakfast the front desk are always smilling and happy and helpful if you could do something about the internet help it would be a wonderful place

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sam n
Scranton, PA, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

With the exception of a friendly reception, this was terrible. An obvious attempt to update with a coat of paint was unsuccessful. We had 2 rooms, 1 with roaches included. Breakfast was ample but presentation was poor and not restocked promptly. A tired old place. Plenty of other choices nearby.

• Stayed February 2012