“Fleas and cockroaches are complimentary”

Ramada Pooler/savannah
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Elko
“Fleas and cockroaches are complimentary”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Recently I had to go to the pooler area for work and I found a cheaper rate at the savannah conference hotel. The front desk was somewhat polite and relatively organized. I got a single non smoking and went to my room. WhenI went in it was very musty smelling, there were cigarette burns on the bed spread, and an extremely moldy bathroom. The entire bottem of the shower curtain was very disgusting as well as mold on the walls and on the tub tile. The people across the hall must have had 6 dogs in their room and the smell coming out of there was horrible. There were fleas crawling around and the cockroaches were crawling on the bed and across the tv screen at night. I have stayed in alot of hotels and Savannah Conference Hotel in Pooler GA is by far the worst.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravellingElko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2012

i know what you mean i could not get on the internet for more then 5 min at a time and it took me 10 min to log on i check my cnnection they have like 5 connection that is more the 4 bars but trying to connect it is like terrible and i get flustrated i cant stay on to get any work done the staff is very nice and helpful the rooms are clean the thank you connie for your hard work and june for breakfast the front desk are always smilling and happy and helpful if you could do something about the internet help it would be a wonderful place

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sam n
Scranton, PA, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

With the exception of a friendly reception, this was terrible. An obvious attempt to update with a coat of paint was unsuccessful. We had 2 rooms, 1 with roaches included. Breakfast was ample but presentation was poor and not restocked promptly. A tired old place. Plenty of other choices nearby.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank LFA
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

after coming back to our room about 10 pm in the evening; we discovered our room had not been serviced. the bed was not made, the coffee service not restocked, no clean towels or soap and the garbage was not taken out. But someone was in our room because of the way i left some items on the desk were straightened. i did not make sense.
When i call the front desk to asked what happened; i was given the excuse that all of the housekeeping staff called in except for one. i asked the clerk; so from the time i left at 7am until 10 pm my room was not cleaned; but someone came in my room do do something.
the clerk got rude and hung up the phone on me and when i called back she refused to answer.
i decide to go to the front desk to talk face to face with Angel. i asked were you the person i was speaking with on the phone? she said yes. i asked her is it customary to hang up on your guest. she says i am not saying anything else to you and that this conversation is over.
then she walks off into the back office never to be seen again.
i travel a lot for business and have never been treated in such a manner.
spare yourself.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mflexx1
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My family and i have stayed here numerous times throughout the past year and have come to really know the employees and some guest very well. Everyone is friendly and very helpful The rooms are cleaned very well and and you can tell the management takes pride in this hotel. Mrs.June who does breakfast is wonderful and is always at your service with a smile. Great Job to all the employees who keep this place nice, clean and comfortable!!!!! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I'm a pageant director and I chose the Savannah Conference Center for my last event. We arrived well after midnight and the front desk staff was ready to take us in. I cannot tell you how many times I've arrived in the middle of the night with no one there but this was a welcome change.

There were four of us in the room and my dog. The room was well appointed for the price..around $60 or so. It was clean. Most of the people complain but that was not my experience. It was well-appointed. Clean bathroom. And I've slept in the best and worst. This was fine.

The next morning, I before I set up the event, we had breakfast. For a freebie breakfast it was fine. I think some people on here are expecting a champagne breakfast and caviar at continentals. This was fine. I had a bowl of cereal, a bagel, fresh coffee. All of it tasted fine.

The best part of this hotel was how well they cared for us at the event. They were very gracious, helping us make change, making changes to the room at the last minute (we had to add a few extra tables). They checked on us all day. The banquet manager helped us get lunch at the restaurant. They made us feel special.

Another great thing about this hotel is their kindness to dogs. They have a special dog trail set up outside. There have been so many times I've had to practically corral my dog all weekend. Some hotels say they are pet-friendly online and give you the "look" when you check in. This hotel is incredibly pet-friendly!

My experience was great and we are choosing this hotel to hold our next event.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 5, 2012

After being on I-95 for over 10 hours of driving, with my niece and dog, I was looking for a nice place to stay, and I was very tried, and it was getting dark, and they took pets so I thought ok, we will stay here, looked like it was a nice place, the staff was nice, the lobby was nice, but when we got to our ROOM, my nice said she had a bug on her for head, not knowing what it was, and she had killed it. Then I turned on another light and found another BUG, and killed it with a tissue, you got it, it was ROACHES!!!! I had paid $111.00 for this room, a little pricy for unwanted BUGS.. I say... I marched to the front desk, the poor lady was nice about it, but she did not act surprised, she changed our room, we then went to check that room, and as we turned lights on, OUT CAME MORE ROACHES!!! back to the front desk again.. She then gave us a room upstairs.. NO ROACHES.. but NO SHOWER Curtain. I wished, I had left but it was DARK< and we were all very tried.. We left early in the morning, at day brake, feeling very much taken advantaged, off..

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel unless you like ROACHES !!! dirty floors and broken things