“Delicious Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Oldies But Goodies Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oldies But Goodies Diner
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stopped in here to eat on a recommendation from a friend. I really wanted the chicken fried steak... but they were out. :( It was really disappointing. I decided to try the special of the day which was chicken Alfredo. it came with a drink, Texas toast, and a dessert. It's really hard when you have your heart set on one thing and have to change, but It was not disappointing when I got my food. The Alfredo was very delicious and you got a really good sized serving. For dessert, you get to pick anything you want off the menu. It was really tasty too. The meal was great and the price as reasonable. I will defiantly eat there again. It is a small place, decorated in a 50's diner. Service is great.

2  Thank Jtthjones

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stopped in with the kids yesterday and was very impressed. I got chicken salad and potato salad on a bed of fresh lettuce and beautiful chopped tomatoes. It was perfect for a hot day. One daughter had a delicious breakfast-for-dinner plate with a fluffy waffle and perfectly cooked bacon. Daughter #2 had fresh, not nasty frozen, chicken fingers and fries. But the atmosphere is even better than the food. The free jukebox was a nice treat and the staff is probably the friendliest in town. They have great dessert selections (ice cream, sundaes, egg creams, etc.) and the prices are really affordable. This will be a great fall after-school hangout for us.

2  Thank Marleymags
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Having been very disappointed with a local overnight stay, the check out Desk Clerk redeemed the situation somewhat with his Recommendation for a good breakfast nearby.

As a traveller from England very interested in the USA's mid 20th Century History, this authentic looking 50's/60's Diner complete with Juke Box (free to select your plays) certainly did not disappoint !

The Breakfast was cooked freshly and delivered promptly as ordered - really setting us up for the day.
Add a touch of Elvis, seasoning from the Beach Boys and Top of with the Beatles - perfect!

Lets hope it survives forever and is eventually included as a recommendation for all visitors to the Historic area of Savannah!

1  Thank Moonbeam555
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very neat little place to go and eat. Much line a 50's diner with food made to order. A great value for the amount of food that you get. Only draw back is they serve Pepsi vs Coke

2  Thank Dale S
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have driven past this restaurant many times but had never stopped until today. I was looking for some place to take my son to lunch (that we hadn't been to a million times), and I remembered seeing the diner. We had a very enjoyable lunch. I ordered a cheeseburger and potato salad and my son ordered a hot dog and french fries. The food was excellent and the prices are very reasonable. They even deliver within a 5 mile radius. The decor is themed to the 50's (they even have a free-to-use juke box). My son was really impressed with the mini coke bottle salt and pepper shakers (or he might have just been trying to find something to distract him from my singing along with the Elvis songs I kept playing). We split a peanut butter sundae for dessert (3 scoops of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, chocolate sauce, peanut butter sauce, mini reese's pieces, whipped cream, and a cherry - OMG! SO GOOD!) You have got to try this place! Very friendly staff, great food, fun environment. We will definitely go back.

4  Thank Jennifer B