“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Newalla
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We spent one night here on Jan. 3. We arrived early and were allowed to check in. Room was nice and comfortable. Breakfast was decent, not the best we've had but not the worst either. Computers were down when we checked out so they were taking email addresses and we had an email receipt later that day. We would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
It was a pleasure to having you stay with us on January 3rd. We appreciate your review of your visit.
Your business is important to us and we look forward to having you visit again soon.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here for only one night while traveling through the area. It was easy to access off the highway - and set back behind the busy roads, so less noise. Check in was quick and easy, we had a room on the main floor at the end of the hall. Not a lot of noise at night and the room was fine (or so we thought at first). We got up early to get back on the road and went to breakfast in the lobby. Usual fare - cereal, toast, yogurt and coffee. Back to the room to pack up and head out.... It was while packing I lifted the comforter off the bed and found flip flop and trash at the foot of the bed!! These beds are on the box type platforms, so obviously housekeeping did NOT thoroughly clean the room before we arrived. Gives you the willies to think what else they cut corners on and didn't clean! We reported it to the desk as we were checking out (and left the items where we found them). The staff apologized and took $10 off the bill - I guess it was better than nothing. Would I stay here again? Maybe - but I would thoroughly check out the room first!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank den&holly
I am so sorry that your room was not properly cleaned, the manager knows of your comments and has addressed this issue with the housekeeping staff. I would also like to apologize for the incident and the inconvenience to you.
We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again when you are in the Pooler area.
Delray Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

When I first arrive at their place I ask if I could look at their room for handicap due to my husband in a wheelchair. I look an it had the walk-in shower with bars for my husband and it was very clean. So I taken the room from December 24- 27,2013. Once I got the room Lance who is a worker there ask if I need some help. I told him if he could carry my husband up to the room that would be a big help because our car was full with lots of his medical equipment that need to go up to the room. He taken him up and place him in the bed for me and the front attendant also help us and show concern for us. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a home away from home. Their motto is dreamland but I say it is dreamland and family land because they is how they made us feel at this place.

Room Tip: Place is very quiet and clean with workers who care about you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Connie W
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for posting this review of our hotel, I am so glad that our staff was able to assist you with your husband and the equipment needed. As you stated, we strive to make our visitors feel at home.
We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Viera, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had 5 family members, 2 king suits and 1 double room next to each other, 3rd floor, stayed 2 nights. We checked in early, 2 pm, all rooms were ready. The rooms exceeded our expectations, we had zero issues, it was a great stay, clean motel and great staff. Good job!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mswanson26
Thank you for your review of our hotel, it is so good to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your visit.
We truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again when you are in the Savannah area.
SOUTH WHITLEY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. It wasn't busy so we had a quiet stay experience. We rented a king suite as my older son stayed with us. Opening the fold out bed, it still had the dirty linens from who knows when. Staff brought fresh linens and I had to make the bed. Had to ask for a third set of towels. Next day, housekeeping took our towels but never replaced them, had to ask for towels. Following day, housekeeping didn't take our trash (which we had a bit as we were there quite a few days). It was convenient to where we needed to be, but so are other hotels. Cabinets in room where chewed/nicked up pretty bad. I honestly don't know how they received a Tripadvisor 5 Star excellence displayed on the table in the lobby. This is no where near a 5 star. Would I stay again, probably not.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank funtime210
I am so sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to the manager so he can address the issues. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you, but thank you for brings this to our attention.
We do appreciate your business, if you should decided to visit again, I think you will see much improvements.
Apollo Beach, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We always stayed at this convenient hotel while going North and South since it was new.. The grounds are neat, the lobby clean, the desk clerk very good and the rooms well maintained. This trip the breakfast experience was disgusting and far from acceptable. At 8:15 both coffee pots were empty,(we later found out there was no coffee brewed or brewing in the kitchen so the wait was pretty long) the trash can was over flowing, corn flake cereal dispenser had about 4 flakes, the bread was pretty hard (stale) and the bagels were doughy. There were about 4 sausage patties left in the bottom of the hot plate but they were sitting in the 1/16 inch deep pool of grease that dripped off them during reheating. Apparently they never heard of putting some paper towels in the bottom of the pan. There was no eggs (as advertised by the reservation phone center) and no attendant in site.The counter was dirty and the milk tasted spoiled with a near by family throwing their kids milk in the trash can. I went to the desk to report situation and the desk clerk got the attendant from the back office.She told me the eggs provided were the cold hard boiled eggs in the fridge. The attendant was also unacceptable. Her apron was filthy, pants dirty, and needed some routine personal hygiene. Won't stay here anymore until owner makes serious changes. While cold hardboiled eggs are indeed eggs, When eggs are connected to a 'hot breakfast' the average traveller would expect at least the scrambled egg 'patties' provided at other hotels along with english muffins (not here) to make an egg muffin sandwich. What a shame this otherwise acceptable hotel is off my list.

Room Tip: go some where else until owner fixes this misleading breakfast description, breakfast quality and un...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert A
Thank you for posting a review of your visit to our hotel. I am so sorry that the breakfast was not supplied and supervised as it should have been during your visit. The manager has addressed this issue so others will not experience the same as you.
I am so glad the hotel met your expectations.
We appreciate your business and hope your will visit again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Since this is a choice hotel and I am a member, I chose to stay here the weekend of 11/8 to 11/10.
The first issue was I arrived an hour early and 0 rooms were ready. Had to wait for check in at 3:00. Was put in a room next to the pool and had to move due to a high chlorine smell from the pool. So went upstairs and was put in a room right across from a lady with 5 kids. (NOISEY) But all in all it was a good stay, staff was friendly, breakfast was good and I would stay again, this time on the third floor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hcoffee
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your review, I apologize for the room situation, chlorine smell and 5 kids would be too much for most, I am truly sorry for this inconvenience to you.
Your review is very important to us, it gives us the guest opinion of our facilities and services.
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us.