Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler
$187
$148
$59
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

$117
$70
Free cancellation until 06/02
$58
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesflat screen tvlong drivefront desk personnelwould stay here againdowntown savannahgood nights sleepstaff was friendly and helpfuleasy accessfloridapillowsmotelexit
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We checked in Friday 09/13/2013 and Brandy was on duty. I inspected our room #117 to find mold on the shower stall, went and informed the desk clerk she immediately apologized. She did make sure we were settled in comfortably. The first couple rooms i inspected had mold in the showers or smelled musty. Again Brandy fixed everything and gave us a room that was up to better standard of comfort.

Quick observation: The toaster for the bagels and bread needs to be together and not across the eating area.
We were only 15 minutes from downtown Savannah by car. There are grocery stores near by plus several fast food eating choices close by too. The breakfast consisted of waffles, sausage links, yogurt, bread, pastries and juices/coffee for selection. The pool was nice with workout room next to the indoor pool. Overall I would give this hotel a 8+. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was fairly quiet on the lower 200 side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank char821
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn in Pooler GA for your recent visit to the Savannah area.
Your review is greatly appreciated, we are addressing the mold issue that you mentioned so other visitors will not have the same experience. The manager is aware of your comments.
We do appreciate your business and hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've stayed at this Sleep Inn on two previous occasions, as a "rest stop" on our way to Orlando, FL from Roanoke, VA because it's a member of the Choice Hotels network. We'll definitely try some other participating hotel in the future. Our glass shower doors were on "backwards," with the handle part at the rear of the tub. This arrangement was due to the fact that the shower door handle was broken off, and lying underneath the sink. Consequently the door wouldn't shut all the way at the rear of the tub because of the screws sticking out where the handle should have been. It was an interesting process trying to open and close the door nearest the shower head, which didn't even have a screw to hold! Breakfast was not at all Weight Watcher friendly. No light yogurt, just full fat. No fruit, no English muffins (the least caloric of the breads). We were very disappointed in our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerrysmom3389

Thank you for this review, I am sorry about the shower problem, this should have been reported and repaired before the room was rented. I know this as an inconvenience to you and again, I apologize. Our breakfast menu is mandated by our brand and we strive to insure it meets the standards required, we apologize if it did not meet your needs.
Your business and your review is very important to us and we do appreciate your choosing the Sleep Inn in Pooler Georgia

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We find that staying in Pooler is a lot cheaper than staying in Savannah. This time we tried the Sleep Inn on the West side of I-95. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We had a king bed with a chair and ottoman along with a desk chair and desk. The room also had a refrigerator, Microwave and a one cup coffee maker. For TV viewers it had at least a 32 inch HD TV with most cable channels. The bathroom was clean but had no tub, which was fine with me. The standard tub footprint was taken up by a walk in shower with two sliding glass doors. I did find the toilet to be a little low, or at least it seemed lower than normal. The only problem we experienced was a rattle from the AC unit when the compressor cycled. Breakfast was fine with a choice of two cereals, assorted breads and muffins, good breakfast sausage and the standard hotel waffle. We found it to be fine for our purposes.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor right off the elevator. The ice machine and soda machine were right across the hall. I thought this might be a problem, but we could not hear any of this running.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Papa W
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for posting your review of your visit to our hotel. We will certainly have the a/c checked to stop the rattle. It was good to hear that you found everything else to be satisfactory.
Your business is important to us, please plan to visit again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Arrived after 11 p.m. Parking lot around the hotel was full, so had to park in the lot for the hotel next door. Walking to the hotel from the other parking lot made me a bit nervous so late at night. Front desk clerk was less than friendly when I checked in. Out of order vending and ice machines on 3rd floor. Room was ok, but pretty small. The one good thing is that the be was comfortable. Upon closer inspection in the morning, I found that none of the furniture had been dusted in a long time. Had no desire to stay there more than one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vegasteach
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I am very sorry that your room was not in proper order and that you did not receive a friendly welcome on arrival. Your review is very important so we can make corrections immediately. I have discussed this review with our manager and staff.
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn in Pooler, you are a valued guest and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I picked this hotel after reviewing the reviews online showing good to excellent service. I was fooled in trusting those reviews. My visit to this hotel on 5th July was totally awful. After checking in, I went to my room only to find crumbs on the bed sheets and when pulling the sheets back noticed they had not changed them. There were hairs all thru the sheets. I was appalled and later also found the other bed had not been changed either. Also the bath towels were worn and stained and didn't seem they were clean either. The manager on duty did change one bed and I just changed the other bed upon finding the mess. I did show her the towels and she assured me that they were clean. She did apologize but it didn't make me feel much better and I cancelled my reservation for the next day. Later in speaking with 3 other people, they mentioned they experienced the same thing of finding dirty sheets. I did not cause a scene at the front desk however did tell the manager that this was totally unacceptable. I will not be coming back and in the future will not reply on customer reviews online.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lill W

I am so very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly, this is not typical of our hotel. This is a housekeeping problem that will be resolved immediately, your are right dirty sheets are totally unacceptable. Your review and comments will be discussed with the staff and corrections will be made.
Thank you for telling us of this experience so we can make necessary changes and future guest will not have the same problems.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience to you. Your business is important to us and is also appreciated.
We wish you safe travels.