“Ok hotel for the price”

Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Arrived after 11 p.m. Parking lot around the hotel was full, so had to park in the lot for the hotel next door. Walking to the hotel from the other parking lot made me a bit nervous so late at night. Front desk clerk was less than friendly when I checked in. Out of order vending and ice machines on 3rd floor. Room was ok, but pretty small. The one good thing is that the be was comfortable. Upon closer inspection in the morning, I found that none of the furniture had been dusted in a long time. Had no desire to stay there more than one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vegasteach
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I am very sorry that your room was not in proper order and that you did not receive a friendly welcome on arrival. Your review is very important so we can make corrections immediately. I have discussed this review with our manager and staff.
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn in Pooler, you are a valued guest and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I picked this hotel after reviewing the reviews online showing good to excellent service. I was fooled in trusting those reviews. My visit to this hotel on 5th July was totally awful. After checking in, I went to my room only to find crumbs on the bed sheets and when pulling the sheets back noticed they had not changed them. There were hairs all thru the sheets. I was appalled and later also found the other bed had not been changed either. Also the bath towels were worn and stained and didn't seem they were clean either. The manager on duty did change one bed and I just changed the other bed upon finding the mess. I did show her the towels and she assured me that they were clean. She did apologize but it didn't make me feel much better and I cancelled my reservation for the next day. Later in speaking with 3 other people, they mentioned they experienced the same thing of finding dirty sheets. I did not cause a scene at the front desk however did tell the manager that this was totally unacceptable. I will not be coming back and in the future will not reply on customer reviews online.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lill W

I am so very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly, this is not typical of our hotel. This is a housekeeping problem that will be resolved immediately, your are right dirty sheets are totally unacceptable. Your review and comments will be discussed with the staff and corrections will be made.
Thank you for telling us of this experience so we can make necessary changes and future guest will not have the same problems.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience to you. Your business is important to us and is also appreciated.
We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've stayed here once or twice a year since 2005. It's clean but definitely showing wear and tear. On our stay last week some of the towels were so threadbare you could see through them. The key cards had to be rerun on the 2nd day because (as the attendant said) they were too old to hold the programming.

Breakfast was pretty uninspired as well.

We'll probably try something different next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators. Parking can be tight on the weekends.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S

You are truly a valued guest, your return visits and your review is greatly appreciated. I will discuss your review with our manager and recommend they have some new linens and key cards.
I am so sorry for the problem this caused you, especially the inconvenience of the key not working.
Thank you again for your continued visits (since 2005) your business is very important to us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located off interstate. Some new renovations to rooms and lobby. It was very clean. The rate was almost half of the H.I. next door. Felt like this was a great value for a quick stop for some sleep. Only complaint with the "Choice Hotels" is that they use tiny mushy pillows on the bed. Whats up with that? Better off bringing your own

• Stayed: June 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

We are so pleased that your found the Sleep Inn in Pooler GA and that you enjoyed your stay.
We strive to give a good value for the money you spend. I will discuss the pillow issue with our manager, but I am sure the pillows are Choice approved.
Please plan to visit again soon, we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nothing was wrong with the hotel and it was convenient to Savannah. Our room was updated and clean when we checked in. The front desk staff could use some work on their customer service. I would probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, we will discuss your remarks about service with the manager so improvements can be made. I am so glad that you found the accommodations clean and comfortable and that you will consider visiting again.
We appreciate your review and we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great stay at the Sleep Inn. The young lady at the check-in desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. She went out of her way to assist my wife and I. Her name is Angelina. We travel to Florida from Michigan a couple of times a year and will definitely be staying at this Sleep Inn again. The close proximity to Savannah is a real plus, also. Pleasant place to stay and not near as expensive as downtown Savannah.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don J

We are so pleased that you found the Sleep Inn - Pooler and hope you will make us a regular stop over when you travel the Michigan/Florida route. Thank you for mentioning Angelia and her service, it means so much to be recognized.
Please plan to visit us again, we truly appreciate your review and your business.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Sleep Inn, although not terrible, was definitely nothing special. My first impressions were the very worn carpet throughout the hotel hallways and elevator. Bleach stains were very evident on the walk down the hallway. Room was fine, bathtub grout was black and moldy and needed to be removed. Breakfast was OK, waffles and a few hot items and breads and muffins. The indoor pool was clean but not heated and the fitness room had decent gym equipment, I did not use then to make sure they were working. Parking was terrible, we ended up parking behind the neighboring hotel since there were not any near our hotel, that made things a little inconvenient. On our departure the manager and a guest were in a very heated argument over their bill, a little awkward for all of us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family