“Indoor splash pool”

Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Convenient to I-95, rooms are showing age and heavy use. The indoor pool is about 12' x 15' with a 4' max depth, small occupancy and nearly impossible to attempt a water workout. The breakfast area is in adequately sized to handle many people and the tables are quite crowded to get as many seated as possible - unfortunately, this is self serv and quite hard to get the food offerings which are only put out in very small amounts the lone worker can barely keep up. The electronic safes do not seem to be working in any of the rooms - perhaps the key to change the batteries is missing? Check in and out can be bottlenecked partly due to the single elevator being a bit small

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before, so knew it was a great hotel! Very clean, good service and location. Our only complaint was that each time we had my husbands elderly and handicapped mom with us. We requested the handicapped room well in advance each time. Both times, she was put on the 3rd floor. The first time the fire alarm actually went off. She could go down the stairs ok, but I hate to think how we'd get her down this time! Handicapped should always be on first floor! Otherwise this place is great!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stay here December eighth 2012 doyoung lady who checked us and was awesome axe for a late checkout she said manager hates late checkout she said she would have to make up an excuse I said that serious for a late checkout I said I'm a Platinum Member she said you don't know my manager has the evening when on my wife decided to go for a smoke before sleeping there was a gentleman with a gun dangling in his back pocket. I ask the front desk gentleman if he was security he said no I axed if anyone uncomfortable with him having a gun he said he probably has a permit I said probably that's not helping me sleep tonight the gentleman proceeded to walk in and out of the lobby making me very uncomfortable I didn't tell my wife it was her birthday I wanted her to get a good nights rest I barely got any sleep which is why I requested a late checkout when I spoke with the manager she thought1030am with a late checkout I told her I got no sleep due to the issue she had no regard I had to take time to call member services to prove to the manager that I am able to get a late checkout member services contacted her 30 minutes later she calls and says we can have a late checkout which was 1130am she said she knew gold and dial but not platinum check out seriously she was just being difficult locations suck I should have said to the Holiday Inn next door pool does not look like in pictures no compensation from management or rewards program manager has not attempted to call still waiting I'm giving them time to respond before I wrote this people need to realize my generation has the power of the Internet

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed the night two Saturday nights in a row. Once on our way down to Disney and once on our way back. We had good experiences both times. Our room on the second floor was a little nicer than our room on the first floor. It had a faint odor. It's right off I-95 which is very convenient for traveling. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's in Pooler, GA, which is only about 15-20 mins from Savannah. I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We liked this hotel when it was new in 2009 but the cleanliness his slipped in the past 3 years. The carpets are heavily soiled and the first room we got reeked of cigarette smoke. The second room did not but there were odd smudges on the walls of the room and bathroom that looked like blood. Don't know what it was. The blankets on the beds need to be replaced. And I just do not like bedspeads any more. I prefer Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt's approach that has gotten rid of bedspreads. It is a pretty inexpensive hotel so a relatively good value. I guess I'm just getting more particular as I get older...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel560
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is fine for a one night stay. Our bathtub had a broken drain and was missing the plug. The missing plug meant that we could not have a bath. The hot breakfast was good but I found that there was not enough food to go around. There was actually not enough seating either and I had to eat in the lobby since all of the tables were taken. The hotel has a computer in the lobby and free Wifi.

Our room was clean and the front desk was efficient.

I would stay here again if I'm passing by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice hotel in good location. Staff was very nice. The room was nice, but the walls seemed thin; heard every noise from the neighbors. The carpet in the hallways are in urgent need of replacing. There are bleached out marks and bad stains in all of the hallways. I found a couple dead roaches in the stairways as well. Not a good look! The breakfast area is tiny. Had to room to sit with just a few families there. I had to grab some food and go to my room to sit down and eat. Not bad, but I've been in better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple