“A nice, inexpensive place to spend the night.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed the night two Saturday nights in a row. Once on our way down to Disney and once on our way back. We had good experiences both times. Our room on the second floor was a little nicer than our room on the first floor. It had a faint odor. It's right off I-95 which is very convenient for traveling. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's in Pooler, GA, which is only about 15-20 mins from Savannah. I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We liked this hotel when it was new in 2009 but the cleanliness his slipped in the past 3 years. The carpets are heavily soiled and the first room we got reeked of cigarette smoke. The second room did not but there were odd smudges on the walls of the room and bathroom that looked like blood. Don't know what it was. The blankets on the beds need to be replaced. And I just do not like bedspeads any more. I prefer Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt's approach that has gotten rid of bedspreads. It is a pretty inexpensive hotel so a relatively good value. I guess I'm just getting more particular as I get older...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel560
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is fine for a one night stay. Our bathtub had a broken drain and was missing the plug. The missing plug meant that we could not have a bath. The hot breakfast was good but I found that there was not enough food to go around. There was actually not enough seating either and I had to eat in the lobby since all of the tables were taken. The hotel has a computer in the lobby and free Wifi.

Our room was clean and the front desk was efficient.

I would stay here again if I'm passing by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice hotel in good location. Staff was very nice. The room was nice, but the walls seemed thin; heard every noise from the neighbors. The carpet in the hallways are in urgent need of replacing. There are bleached out marks and bad stains in all of the hallways. I found a couple dead roaches in the stairways as well. Not a good look! The breakfast area is tiny. Had to room to sit with just a few families there. I had to grab some food and go to my room to sit down and eat. Not bad, but I've been in better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have to say, given the price point of this hotel at $65 nightly, I wasn't expecting much, but then we were only looking for a place to sleep for the night. This was my first stay at Sleep Inn, and I have to say if the Pooler establishment is typical of the brand, I will be back next time I'm looking for a place to overnight. Our room was very spacious and well appointed. It was lacking a little polish: for instance, the fixture in the tub was loose and there was obviously water leaking behind it. Otherwise, it was clean and well equipped. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The hotel is also well sound proofed, we heard no noise from the hallway. There is complimentary Wifi and breakfast. It's also well located, right off the interstate with easy access to downtown Savannah. The desk staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Francoise G
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and stayed here on our way to Florida. We found it to be clean and adequate. Staff was friendly. Had a good night's sleep and the continental breakfast got us on the way. Good for an overnight stay. Rates reasonable. Easy access on/off I-95.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My sister, niece and I were in Savannah from Nov. 4th thru the 9th. Certainly not a pleasure trip, as my nephew was in ICU at Candler Hospital, and died the morning of the 5th. We needed a place to stay and, considering our physical and emotional exhaustion, we really weren't picky. It was suggested we go to the Holiday Inn but when we got there, we noticed the sign for the Sleep Inn next door and went there. I must tell you, it was an excellent choice. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more compassionate. The room, consisting of two queen-size beds, was very clean and comfortable and became our "haven" during that most difficult time. The large bathroom was also very clean. Coffee was available around the clock in the lobby, as well as a computer for guests to use any time of day or night. They offer a nice breakfast selection, waffles, sausage, eggs, juice, and a variety of fresh pastries as well as cold cereals. They are located at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, and there's a Burger King and a Hardees very nearby---actually within walking distance. My niece relaxed in the heated pool for awhile, and we all used the laundry facility, which was also very clean. When my other niece and her husband arrived, they were able to get a room near ours. I would definitely recommend this place...however I would hope it would be under better circumstances.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family