“Nice Place and Area”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Crisfield, Maryland
“Nice Place and Area”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Pooler is a good place for us to stop and rest after driving all day. We have stayed at this hotel since it open in 2010. Its well taken care of, have an indoor pool, is only a short drive from Savannah, has good local restaurants and has easy access to I-95.

Room Tip: We like to book rooms with two beds. That gives us more space laying out things.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2012

If traveling through Pooler, GA again, we would stay there. It was clean and the employees were very friendly. It was a good location for us. It is an old motel and perhaps carpets could be replaced and a few other things but overall it was fine.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 6, 2012

It's hard to find hotels with queen bedded rooms so this is a great place for a family of 4. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Great price. Carpets need cleaning in parts of this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I checked into a Sleep Inn on Dec 29,2011 on my way back to FL after being in NJ for the holidays with my sons. I had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before and was quite surprised. The room was a decent size with a comfortable bed and chair and ottoman to sit in. It also had a roomy desk to work on the computer. The room was very clean and deserves a 3 star rating. They served breakfast each morning, but only until 9:30am, I wasn't up yet for that! They have their own restaurant connected to the hotel, so I am sure it was nice, as I was told they have hot things to eat as well.

The hotel is only 3 yrs old. The check-in went smoothly and the lady was very nice and helpful. The only problem I had was that I have a GPS and never downloaded the updates and so the hotel wasn't in my GPS, so I had to call the hotel for directions. I called 2x and the phone isn't directly connected to the hotel and so I kept getting the menu's and never got through to the hotel, I told the lady at the desk and she told me that they have a different phone system and it never rang in the hotel. I ended up stopping at another hotel for directions, which I had to get back on 95S and drive to the next exit, as there were 3 exits for Pooler. They need to change their phone system!!! They had free wifi and it worked like a charm. The room was very clean and well appointed.

I would definitely stay in a Sleep Inn again, it was more than I had hoped for.

Room Tip: My room was a King bed and if the rooms are all the same size, then I would always take a king bed...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Newnan
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a great hotel to spend time in! I have stayed here twice and it has been so nice. The rooms are clean and modern. The bathrooms are very clean also. Thje staff goes beyond expectations . I was here over the Christmas holidays with my sister and needed a handicapped room. Angelina at the front desk got me the room but it only had 1 bed for 3 people. She added a rollaway and things worked out perfectly. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is a very nice hotel that exceeded my expectations. Stay here while en route to North Carolina. The property is well maintained and very clean. This hotel had the most beautiful bathroom that I have seen short of a 6-star hotel. Even my 4-yr old remarked, "you have to come see the bathroom!" The staff was polite and professional. The continental breakfast was okay, but the eating area is much too small for the number of guests that the hotel can house. Some people had to wait until tables were available. Both in the room and at the continental breakfast there was good, strong coffee. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Southport, NC
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was my 8th or so stay at this property. It's always been a great value and still is but I wonder if it is slipping. It is a few years old. Our first room we luckily noticed parts laying in the shower. It was the pin you pull to change mode from faucet to shower head. Without this we would have had to take a bath in the morning instead of our normal shower. We called the front desk and the repair guy was right there. He tried to fix the faucet lever but couldn't and didn't have any parts available. What I can't figure is why didn't housekeeping let the front desk know there was a problem? We had to move to another room. In the second room I sat down at the desk and the lamp shade and mounting shaft fell off. It was stripped out at the base. Again, why didn't housekeeping report this? The only way to get it in place was to play with it, get it just right and make sure not to not touch anything. The manager needs to crack down on housekeeping as they are the front line in keeping up a hotel. I will stay here again but I plan a long talk with the manager in the morning.
The front desk people and the maintainence guy were nice especially Avangeline who is a gem.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple