“Minus the sewage smell, it was nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Atlanta, Georgia
“Minus the sewage smell, it was nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is immaculate, rooms are nice, hallway is clean. We noticed a sudden sewage-y smell in after we were all settled in. It was late and we were too tired to request a new room, so we just pushed a towel in front of the door to keep the smell contained. It surprisingly went away once the shower or sink were turned on. Overall nice stay, minus the smell

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Miss K
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Good Morning MissK,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at my hotel, I am glad to see that your room was nice and hallway was clean during your visit with. I’m disappointed to see that your room had an unpleasant odor. I will share your comments with my housekeeping an engineering team in hopes to find out what may have caused the sudden smell.

Again, thank you for feedback and I hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah.

Randy Money

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in Savannah just days before our trip. Every hotel in Tybee Island and Historic Savannah was either booked or surprisingly overpriced. We resigned ourselves to stay in nearby Pooler, expecting to be disappointed with the accommodations. We were thrilled to find a newly renovated hotel with modern decor and friendly staff. After an exhausting day touring the historic district, we braced ourselves and dined at the hotel's restaurant. We expected the worst and were surprised by the menu and staff. Overall, great stay for the price and just 15 minutes outside of Savannah! Perfect romantic get-away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelB1402
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good Morning, MelB1402,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding you stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found our hotel staff to be friendly, our food was good and our hotels décor was to your liking. I’m very happy that our hotel was able to make your 10 year anniversary special.

Again, thank you for you comments and come back next year for on your anniversary.

Randy Money
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was the best Hotel my husband and I have stayed in!! From the comfortable, clean rooms, great hospitality, and excellent food with your own TV at each table. The view wasn't great BUT WHO CARES!! We loved it!! The best part of the visit was the heated pool and the nice fitness area. We can not wait to visit again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel stay. We checked in late and were thrilled with the convenient off highway location. Hotel was clean, service was good, easy check in and out. Beds and linens were comfortable as usual!! Great commuter stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eppoh4
St. Michael
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice, clean. Stayed here on our way to florida. Good sleep with 2 kids and our little dog. Smaller pool but wasn't really looking for that. Close to historic Savannah, right off freeway without the noise. Suites are worth the upgrade for a little more room when traveling with four.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Good Afternoon PattyJStMichael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and that our location was convenient to the interstate as well as downtown.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you come back to visit us again soon.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stopped at the location for a quick overnight stay. Check in was fast and friendly. Room was very clean and beds slept comfortably. (carpeting could stand to be either cleaned or replaced do to some stains). Servers in the bar and restaurant were very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Destindreamn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I’m happy to know that your check-in was fast, the restaurant server was friendly and your bed was comfortable.

I agree that our guest room carpet needs to go and I’m excited to inform you that we are replacing all carpets in the hotel starting late August. I will post pictures as we update the hotel.

Again, thank you for sharing and hurry on back to Savannah.

Fort Myers, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My son and I are traveling to Virginia from Florida and decided to stop here for the night. Very nice, modern, and clean hotel. As I write this I am lying on the comfortable bed and utilizing the free wireless Internet.

Pros:

Clean, modern, spacious rooms, great AC in the room. In-room coffee, microwave, refrigerator. Nice weight/exercise room.

Cons:

Desk clerk was overwhelmed with customers and phone calls while we were checking in. I resisted the urge to answer the phone for her!

Breakfast not included with the room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon JudieAnne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I’m glad to know that our beds are comfortable and the internet was to your liking. I'm disappointed to learn that my desk staff was overwhelmed due to the number of folks checking in and the phone ringing.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to savannah.

Randy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah
Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler? Share your experiences!