“Modern and well staffed Holiday Inn - Great Stay!!”

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Clifton Park, New York
“Modern and well staffed Holiday Inn - Great Stay!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here on the way back from Florida last August. It's conveniently located just off I-95 in a set back from the highway, quiet setting. The facility itself looked brand new, as in just built and hardly stayed in. It is most definitely the new style of hotel Holiday Inn has rolled out in the past few years and it's working well - clean, modern design and everything under one roof. It seems to be the 21st century version of the classic Holiday Inn's of the 70's that offered everything, in other words, before they introduced the "express" hotel with limited services. We dined in the hotel restaurant and the meal was great and service quick. We especially liked that each table had a bottle of Saratoga Water in it's signature blue bottle. (This water is bottled just minutes from where we live in upstate NY.) We also had room service later in the night for dessert and it too was delivered quickly and tasted great. We didn't have a chance to use the pool but it looked very inviting and clean. Breakfast the next morning was also by room service and it too was delivered hot and tasted great as well. The staff here seems very competent and willing to serve it's guests. The bellman/doorman was a retired state trooper who seemed to be enjoying his post law enforcement career and he was very helpful. For anyone traveling the I-95 to or from Florida, this makes a great stop-over!

Room Tip: The king suites seem to be the largest rooms on site, providing ample room for a child's pack &a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank disneyguy333
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for you kind words about your stay with us back August of 2012, it is good to know that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the modern look of the hotel, your dinning experience and most importantly that our staff was competent in taking care of your needs.

Again thanks for the review and I hope to see you soon on your next visit to the Savannah area.

Randy Money

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Second stay here, this time I used Priceline Express deals. I travel solo, so spending a lot of money is not what I want, but getting a good rate and a nice place is. I got both. Check in was a breeze. I didn't get to specify the room type so I was given a double but when I asked for a king I got it without hesitation. It rained the entire time so I did not visit the pool and I always go somewhere for coffee, so I cant tell you about the breakfast (on site restaurant and bar), but it must be good. The bed was very comfortable, the staff friendly and accommodating. Oh and the water was hot. Not sure if that's good or bad, depends on how you like it. The hotel is a short 30 seconds from I-95. Its close to 5-6 fast food restaurants as well as many eat in restaurants. Zip up highway 80 to river street or Tybee , or 516 into Savannah. Cant really go wrong in this area.

Room Tip: I had room #218. That backed up to the woods so it was private.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gingerflowers
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Gingerflowers,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I am pleased see that my staff was friendly, efficient and your room was comfortable. I hate that the weather was not as nice as it could have been.

Again, thanks for the kind words and I trust you will stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah.

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in March. The room was clean, and comfortable. The overall decor is a little dated, but overall the entire Hotel from the room, to the lobby was well kept. Each morning we had breakfast in the restaurant prior to heading downtown for the day. Despite the restaurant being packed and very busy, the service was courteous and timely. The Manager on Duty, Kat Richardson, was visible and attentive to guests and her staff. The food was good, and our wait was not very long even though there wasn't a vacant table. I would also like to note that I have over ten years experience in restaurant management, and your Food & Beverage manager handled herself and her staff very well. Despite one very rude and over demanding "priority member" making an obvious scene, she kept her cool and was helpful and attentive to all of the guests needs.

We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family when they travel through the area, and will be staying with you again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 291JasonK
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Good Morning 291Jasonk,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites. I am pleased to see that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I’m also happy to hear that your experience at breakfast was good and that Kat and her staff provided you with good food, and courteous and timely service.

Again thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Savannah area.

Columbia, SC
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, but gives a bad image when you come out the hotel to your car and 6 workers sitting on the curb in uniform smoking. Located in a good area with restaurants local and close enough to savannah and Air Force museum

• Stayed April 2013
Good Day NicholeK,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts I appreciate your feedback and I’m glad to know that you found our hotel to be nice. I will take a look at where our associates take there breaks and see if I can find a location which is not as visible to our guest.

Again, thank you for your thoughts and I hope you stay with us again when you visit Savannah.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was generally a good place to stay. One negative were the tubs. They were extremely slippery and had a very awkward curve on the floor. The only flat portion was about 4 inches wide in the very center of the tub. The remainder of the tub floor curved upward on each side of this four inches. Taking a shower felt like you were standing inside a large pipe. The footing was precarious. If you're not agile and confident on your feet, avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear jms1104,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry you did not find the tub to your liking. Rest assured that I have documented your comments and this will certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend during st patties day weekend. It's about a 15 minute drive from historic savannah. But worth the drive if you're looking to save some cash on a hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the showers were great, and the continental breakfast was great as well. I would definitely stay again if ever need be

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank GlittaShimma00
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Good afternoon GlittaShimma00, Thank for taking the time to share your experience while a guest at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Savannah/Pooler. I’m pleased to know that our hotel was comfortable and that you had good time while visiting Savannah.

Come back and visit again on your next trip to Savannah.

Regards,

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have stayed here the last 8 years. Entire staff is very friendly, check-in efficient, issues have always been addressed quickly. Only 15-20 minutes from historic Savannah, prices much better. Fast food and several diners are close by. Right off of I-95.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha B
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Samantha B.

Thank your for the kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to visiting with you on your next visit to Savannah.

Randy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler
Quality Inn Pooler - Savannah I-95
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler? Share your experiences!