“I wouldn't.....”

Add it.
Sister's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Well, my family and i were hungry, and we thought "Oh! Why don't we go to that new restaurant."
No. We walked in, and everything seemed a little cheap. We took one look at the food, and we felt like we'd already gained 50 pounds. (Of course. That's what southern food does to ya(; )
We didn't eat their. It didn't look to yummy....
I've lived in the South for a long time... I'm pretty sure i know what good southern food looks like....

1  Thank hyper_and_heppy

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Sister's in Pooler has been open around two months and once I noticed they were open I immediately went in to check it out. I have eaten there (take out only) around five times. Each time the employees act as though you are bothering or interrupting them. They are just plain rude! No smiles. The food is excellent if you can deal with their attitudes! Will NOT ever return because of it!

1  Thank Christina R
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to choose fried fish and shrimp rather than pick what was on the service line. Big mistake. It took so long for our food to come out we had already eaten our vegetables. The owner did feel bad and apologized several times giving us a free piece of cake. The food quality was acceptable, better than fast food. By the line of customers in the diner, everyone else was waiting a long time for even the meats that were supposed to be ready for service.
We went at Sunday lunch time, so they should have been prepared. I'm not sure if I will give them another try.

1  Thank wilmtrvler
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My statement says it all. The sides sucked and that is best I can say about them. The greens very sweet and nasty. Mac & cheese was bland. The burger and gravy was terrible.

Unless thing change, I don't see this place lasting.

1  Thank Brian J
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We found a coupon on Living Social for this restaurant and got to use it on our visit to Savannah.
The restaurant is quite close to the airport (2-3 K by car?) in a shopping complex.
The food is served at a counter: you pick the main course and 3 sides for around $8-10 a meal and then seat yourself. The staff were very friendly and we had someone come by the table a few times to see how we were doing.
Main choices included ox tails, turkey wings, fried chicken, and hamburger steak For a family of 4, this was a reasonably priced meal with big portions.
Sisters of the New South provided a nice option to fast food.