“Depends on what you order”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #16 of 122 Restaurants in Pooler
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia. For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally owned and operated and provides a unique feel focused around great customer service and high-quality food. Our menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. It's more than just awesome pizza and craft beer; it is a state of mind. Craft food and beverage not enough? Our exclusive apparel line is available for purchase in store and online at the House of Shroom.
Palm Coast, Florida
“Depends on what you order”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The first time was awful - food was cold, service was slow... awful. I wasn't going to go back but I did and I am glad I did! The 2nd time I went there it was totally awesome! I've been back a few times and I now know alot depends on what you order. Some items are strange - if it sounds strange - don't bother with it. I got some specialty pizza they were pushing (you know, stick a tag with a great picture sticking out of the menu?) Overpriced and Yucky. Stick with what seems 'right' on a pizza or a sandwich. Interesting decor. Overpriced for what you get but a neat experience.

Visited January 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“I will go back, but...”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was an awkward experience. When we arrived we were seated within 3 minutes, which was great. Once seated a waitress came and took our drink order. About 2 minutes later, a second waitress came and tried to take our drink order. When we told waitress #2 that we had already given it, she walked off. Several minutes later, waitress #2 returned with our drinks and explained to my wife and I how waitress #1 had been wrong and she was our waitress. It was very awkward. About 5 minutes later, waitress #1 returned, took our food order and was our server for the rest of the meal. Now...I applaud waitress #1 for handling it how she did, very well done. Waitress #2, however, needs some lessons in customer service. Then, our food took longer than normal (we are mellow mushroom regulars at other locations).
The food was good, the inside of the building was cool, and I will try it again, but there are some things this location could shore up.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, dull taste.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I live in Pooler and wanted to try the new Mellow. It is neatly designed, due to the owner also owning the movie theatre behind it. The iron man features and spider man on the ceiling really set it off. Our server was knowledgable and always checking on us. There is just something missing with the pizza. After going to Vinnie's and ordering their tasteful pie's, Mellow is just what it is, mellow. I would recommend dining here in the cleaner, safer restaurant which is in Pooler rather than downtown. We will be back.

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Great Pizza arrives in Pooler”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We eaten here on a number of occasions and have not been disappointed. It offers a great selection of food, and beers to suit all age groups.(beer for the o 21's mind)

Service was great.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank LesAlanos
Albany, NY
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a NY'er I can be very snobby about pizza and Italian style foods in general. This place was close to our friends apartment and we just wanted to bum it the last night of our vacation and he said it was very good. We got a nice high top table, servers were attentive and friendly. Decor inside is fun - I heard they have different themes and this one is the movies which was nice. We ordered a meatball appetizer to share and I was pretty skeptical - but was quickly won over - really good sauce - tender meatballs - totally addictive! We also split a mushroom specialty pizza which was pleasantly surprising as well, crust isn't as thin as I normally like but that is just a personal preference the taste was very good - lots of mushrooms - everything was a good value.

• Visited December 2012